As designed Posting quick reply when not on last page

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
When you post using the quick reply box at the bottom of the page and you are not on the last page, when the page refreshes your post is displaying on the page you entered it on, not at the end of the thread.

It should jump you to the last page with your post in the right place.

FreddysHouse

The Boss
Staff member
This is as designed. It is intended that you can post on a page and continue to read the flow without having to jump around all over the place. Personally I prefer it this way :)

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
It's designed to be confusing then. :) Could it not continue in the same place with a "post successful, click here to view" or something? As it appearing on the wrong page is... wrong.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I was fairly sure it did just that. Had you already read the thread in question?

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
No, was a new thread to me. Read Page 1 and posted, my post appeared at the bottom of page 1 like it belonged to that page.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Weird. Maybe it only does that if somebody posted while you were posting. I've definitely seen it because it pops up a link to click just above the post you make iirc.

SheepCow

Bringer of Code
It normally adds a link before your post to tell you there are other posts between the bottom and where it just put yours

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Also does this here on FF3.6.23. I'll post screenshots later...

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
It normally adds a link before your post to tell you there are other posts between the bottom and where it just put yours
It should do this:

Attachments

• Wazzerposts.png
    Wazzerposts.png
    51.2 KB · Views: 6

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom