Postal Voting

JingleBells

FH is my second home
As I live nowhere near where I'm registered to vote, I have requested a postal vote for this election. However, as the date of the election draws near, I'm wondering when I should receive the postal voting papers. Has anyone here registered for a postal vote, and have you received your voting papers?

Brynn

Can't get enough of FH
Dont you have to print something off? then send it to them saying why you are doing a postal vote

dysfunction

FH is my second home
No. I'm also registered for postal voting.

You should receive the forms about a week before the election.

edit: Actually Brynn is right....if you have not yet registered for a postal vote

Go here:

http://www.aboutmyvote.co.uk/pcsearch/PcodeRequest.cfm?Chan=4

And enter your post code...

A few Q&A's

Who can apply for a postal vote?

Anyone aged 18 or over can apply for a postal vote. You do not need a reason to vote by post.

Where can I get my postal vote sent?

You should have the postal ballot sent to an address where you will be to receive it between about 27 April and 4 May. Don't have it sent to an address you will not be at.

What if I change my mind?

You can cancel or amend an existing postal vote until 5pm on Tuesday 19 April. This means if you have applied in advance or always have a postal vote you can choose to return to the polling station. If you want to change the address it goes to, you can also do that.

When will I receive my ballot papers?

Postal votes are usually sent out about a week before election day.

How do I complete and return my postal vote?

When you receive your postal vote ballot pack, you need to follow these five steps to make sure your vote counts.

1. Read the instructions carefully.
2. Mark your vote clearly.
3. Seal your ballot paper in envelope A.
4. Sign the declaration of identity.
5. Put the declaration of identity and envelope A into the larger envelope B. Then seal it and return it as soon as possible.

JingleBells

FH is my second home
dysfunction said:
No. I'm also registered for postal voting.
You should receive the forms about a week before the election.
Ah, thats answered my question, cheers. I registered for a postal vote some time before Christmas, but I wasn't sure when I should receive the voting papers, and as my council are a bunch of fuckwits was getting worried. I postal voted in 2003 for the council elections, but couldn't remember when I received the papers.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I got my voting card through today.

You can also vote by proxy, but I think you may have left it a bit late.

JingleBells

FH is my second home
I've received a voting card through the post too, so if I don't receive postal voting papers, I shall trundle over to my polling station and vote up here, but I'd much rather vote at home as I feel it has more of an effect. (Don't worry, I ain't going to vote twice in a General Election, I know that's illegal)

dysfunction

FH is my second home
If you received a voting card then you probably wont receive anything for a postal vote...

Maybe you should check to see if your postal vote registration went through or not.

JingleBells

FH is my second home
My mum tells me that shes contacted the council, and voting forms should be posted by the council this weekend. As for the polling card, thats for a different constituency (being a student I'm registered in two areas) so I'm hoping that it shouldn't effect whether I receive a postal vote form or not.

Shovel

Can't get enough of FH
I got my postal vote for the local council elections through today. There's a notice on it saying that General Election kit will be along in due course as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom