Post your warlock experiences here

Marc

FH is my second home
playing camlann on zerker. See blue con Warlock called Francoiswarlog or sommat. . Easy rps i thought. Dead in 5 seconds :( warlock on full health

Heheyougotboned

Fledgling Freddie
Yesterday

KIlled 1 warlock when he entered poc....didnt know what he was,,,,until he came back from inside poc 1 hr later with 3-4 friends.

Anyway, they are good now but will be nerfed in 1.75 patch so I wouldnt want to lvl one.

poky

Fledgling Freddie
Heheyougotboned said:
KIlled 1 warlock when he entered poc....didnt know what he was,,,,until he came back from inside poc 1 hr later with 3-4 friends.

Anyway, they are good now but will be nerfed in 1.75 patch so I wouldnt want to lvl one.

they will still be OP in .75 ;)

waok`whips

Fledgling Freddie
Nothing ever changes for Midgard does it? Oh its also nice that Mythic decided to remove debuff interupts also, fucking over my class completely, after what.. 2 years or so?. ;/

GODAMN YOU!

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
lol, 90% of a reavers utility came with toa and nf, what are you talking about?

Gennala

Fledgling Freddie
Been playing on US, only 24 though. They are very nice solo on the BG's.

If a stealther pops u, u just fire the cambers and run like hell, face him and LT him = dead :D

So Locks are very OP.

U will be happy to meet a BD imo, when the first 50 locks begins to turn up.

waok`whips

Fledgling Freddie
Vodkafairy said:
lol, 90% of a reavers utility came with toa and nf, what are you talking about?

lol you retard, what the hell are you on about?

vintervargen

Banned
ok im confused, warlocks can chamber (as max dmg) bolt, dd, dot right? explain how that can oneshot a tank or smth with 1800 hp

and we're talking ppl with resists here..

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
waok`whips said:

let's start with the insults right away, why not!

reavers were nothing pre-toa, sure they could slam and levi (which is crap dmg on 100% resist) but that's about it.. the chants are okish, but not worth dropping a merc or anything else for

since toa/nf you get the bombs, banelord interrupts, twf (godly ra).. thats the only reasons reavers get groups :p and still, id take a merc over reaver anyday

noaim

Fledgling Freddie
vintervargen said:
ok im confused, warlocks can chamber (as max dmg) bolt, dd, dot right? explain how that can oneshot a tank or smth with 1800 hp

and we're talking ppl with resists here..

Its not actual 1-shots, its just 5-6 nukes in less than 2 seconds.

Hestethun

Can't get enough of FH
waok`whips said:
shouldent dis a player that can more about daoc then ur self. Reaver was good before toa tbh. very few of em too. As an alb u should know

vintervargen

Banned
noaim said:
Its not actual 1-shots, its just 5-6 nukes in less than 2 seconds.

i thought they only got 4 chambers. can they load more then one spell in each?

HAVNT ANYONE PLAYED ONE YET FS?

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
with the fotm 43/30 (I think) spec they get 3 chambers.
2 lowest ones can take base 179DD and 225DD LT or a nasty DoT (or a spreadheal I think?)
highest one can take a bolt instead.

theres a 2 sec delay between firing em off, so I can't see how they can 1 shot a tank, maybe if they had IP down and no resist buffs over the 6 secs...

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
They will excell in solo vs solo or smallgrp vs smallgrp or solo etc - dont think they will be anything special in fullgrp vs fullgrp or zergs really (except giving mid some much needed range in sieges), not after the 30% delve nerf in 1.75 anyway.
Mythic has never made any secret that they dont care one bit about solo vs solo balance, think they have even stated they try to balance for realm vs realm.

waok`whips

Fledgling Freddie
Vodkafairy said:
let's start with the insults right away, why not!

reavers were nothing pre-toa, sure they could slam and levi (which is crap dmg on 100% resist) but that's about it.. the chants are okish, but not worth dropping a merc or anything else for

Sure, damage isnt one of the classes strong points, I'd say that consistent 400+ dmg is not too shabby for a hybrid, however the class isnt designed to do damage, its a 1 trick pony in terms of melee most of the time, only because there is or rather 'was' so much utility.

since toa/nf you get the bombs, banelord interrupts, twf (godly ra).. thats the only reasons reavers get groups :p and still, id take a merc over reaver anyday

Since SI, reaver has had 4 interupts, all cycle through and are back up every 6s, thats an interupt every 2s or more. Perma interupt if stuck to a caster, pre-NF groups like FC using reavers against hib groups.. they count get a cast off. However, due to the scale of popularity the reaver had back then, this utility wasnt seen much. The reavers has had its utility since day one, its just not been realised by groups becuase the class simply isnt popular enough, and its a shame cos nowadays this still isnt realised, as its clouded with hype over TWF.

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
if the interrupts were 700 (?) radius like banelord spells then they would be really useful, but currently they aren't really.. only targets you will interrupt with them are the target you're actually hitting

it was nice vs boxed up mages, but that doesn't really exist anymore.. i don't think since NF release anyone ever thought of reaver chant interrupts as smt to watch out for

and 400 dmg constant how? levi hits for 100-150 dmg on 50% resist, and 1handed dmg is a joke.. infact i always wondered why reavers hit SO soft with their flex weapons, its like only 150 with levi on a mage

anyways, your dd chant still interrupts, and you still have banelord tools :p

waok`whips

Fledgling Freddie
Vodkafairy said:
and 400 dmg constant how? levi hits for 100-150 dmg on 50% resist, and 1handed dmg is a joke.. infact i always wondered why reavers hit SO soft with their flex weapons, its like only 150 with levi on a mage

Well I do anyways, 99 str/dex,dex2,str2,AT,ABS+Battler debuff.

I two shot mages all the time, you saying they only have 300 hits or something? ;p Also resists may not always be up on all my targets, but thats your problem ;p

I need everything I can get my hands on ;p

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
its technically not even possible to 2 shoot a mage as a reaver, unless its blue or something :p

and you cant say that you'll hit for 400 when 1h damage cap isn't even 400+ without banespike, if i use banespike, rr5 ra and battler charge on my champ ill hit for 1k dmg also but thats not the average dmg ~~

Stasi

Loyal Freddie
waok`whips said:
Well I do anyways, 99 str/dex,dex2,str2,AT,ABS+Battler debuff.

I two shot mages all the time, you saying they only have 300 hits or something? ;p Also resists may not always be up on all my targets, but thats your problem ;p

I need everything I can get my hands on ;p

u 2 shot a mage with a templat done,with dam under 1k. u been killing unbuffed mages mate

even my mage with SI template got 1300 hits or more buffed (cant rem been ages since i played)

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
waok`whips said:
VF, its the proc mate, its a level 50 spell, go figure.

you can't rely on a positional style for all your damage, and against people with 50% spirit resist (or what dmg type is it?) your proc won't hit hard in the first place.. think it does 150-200 or something?

noaim

Fledgling Freddie
vintervargen said:
i thought they only got 4 chambers. can they load more then one spell in each?

HAVNT ANYONE PLAYED ONE YET FS?

You load 2 into each chamber, and then you nuke with uninteruptable primer (2 sec non-fixed casttime, 35-40% powercost) while you release chambers.

waok`whips

Fledgling Freddie
Unbuffed? Maybe buffsheared but certainly not unbuffed at all, I don't think I really ever come into contact with soloers nowadays, pretty much all the people I land that damage on is high rr mages, its probably because resists are down or something, which again isnt my problem, and soon the proc will be hitting even harder.. damage is scaled between target resists and WS of the person landing the proc...

waok`whips

Fledgling Freddie
Vodkafairy said:
you can't rely on a positional style for all your damage, and against people with 50% spirit resist (or what dmg type is it?) your proc won't hit hard in the first place.. think it does 150-200 or something?

Mail mythic and request more utility for reavers.. the only 'anytime' we have uses 25% endurance, low damage and procs a useless str/con debuff that's aoe and breaks mezz.. Half the time I'm using ASP anyways.

As I said, its not in my interests to deal damage, but rather interupt.

If you play a reaver do deal damage, I suggest you roll a merc or something, cos dmg aint what a reaver is about.

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
most tanks have a taunt as their anytime, so nothing special there :p and also, if id want an interrupter, id take a theurg :p

merc for damage, shrug :p i really dont see the good thing about reaver, offensive slamming rocks for albs but you can get a pala for that really

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom