post your NF findings here !

angrysquirrel

Fledgling Freddie
angrysquirrel reporting in!

first off, lag, lots of it, dont expect it to be smooth
secondly, some fucker has nabbed the name angrysquirrel, please return to its rightful owner

most importantly, its cooler than having three can can dancers do handstands with no knickers on then beg to be rodgered.

mastery of stealth - changes the stealth game but its too early to say whether or not us stealthy types will be roaming or camping and to what extent we need it.

keep takes - well only had one tower attempt myself tonight, great fun, the boiling oil one shotted me for 1.2k dmg on my warden, needless to say once you get in the tower dropped quick enough.

keep defenses - a nice idea, you clear the area around a twr or keep or enemies and you get a nice bonus.

where to fight - well its first night so everyone was in emain, which was funny.. but the long trawl from dl to bolg is gone, its insta action !!

well im looking forward to the real deal now, please post your reports on nF !!

Reno

One of Freddy's beloved
From the small time i looked around:

Keep graphics look very nice.

Stealth warfare will be changed cause all stealther will have some MoS so stealthing away after kill is much more difficult.

Tried the RR5 ranger abilitie and it looked ok

Nemue

Fledgling Freddie
the zoning-point between gates in ligen was very annoying =)
used to the smooth walking out the door thing.

First day of NF-beta was chaos, chaos and more chaos, infact, it was pretty much like thidranki but more keeps and more toys.

DoTs was fun aswell, but hard to say if they are actually viable as ppl resists are highly questionable, altho i did get some nice crits occasionally for around 250dmg/tick, most DoTs was about 100-140dmg with MoM5

Mentalist RR5 ability was fun when it worked, but most of the time i never got it off before i was dead.

[Edit] also, u havent seen humor until u have seen someone dive with a trebuchett.

[Edit #2] another thing thats somewhat nice, is that u can make decent cash from RvR, made around 500g from 1 nights chaos-rvr.

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
Well I posted the following on the General Discussion, but I guess since I played Ranger and NS will be quite relevant to put it here as well.

Amazing. I loged in after 1am CET, had almost no lag problems at all, and I found NF to actually make RvR amazing. What I noticed was that people there were pathetic. Some had BBs, others were actually putting items in their vaults!! Also I couldn't communicate with anyone on the server apart from the exca people I already know, as all the spam was in german/french.

Tried the RAs I want for my ranger and my NS, vanish is indeed amazing, it's a I survive button. I love MoS. I was running around with 40 modified stealth and I was going with an amazing speed. Detection range with MoS 3 is quite decent. My comparison was that the assasin classes do have some advantage, but used wisely you can always get away or avoid being PAd (if you're an archer). Ranger's RR5 ability is a lifesaver. I jumped on a mincer, and after killing him I was attacked by an SB, using that gave me the time to run away and restealth, i.e. survive.

Some more general observations. Just before logging in I was defending an eras tower (with the NS unfortunately but that gave me another prespective). The oil, negates faultfinder. Not that anyone had it, but without cover under the door, not that many survived. About 50 albs had problem taking a tower from 4-5 hibs. Assassins with vanish can terrorise enemy healers/casters that go just a bit out of the zerg. Tanks can have an amazing time battling outside the towers/keeps, there is plenty of space for open battles, and I don't think that we're gonna have the problems that US had.

Concluding, NF did put some faith back in the game for me. Amazing.

Icebreaker

Fledgling Freddie
Made a Ranger.

Result:

I suck in Stealth Wars xD

Made my Hero. Everything is funky. ^^

At some Point there were more Stealther then anything else which kinda sucks. Keep takes are funny. Tower Battles aswell.

And ROFLMAO at all those ppl who use BB's there. Such Gimps. There is a limit on 1500 Players on this Server. Everyone who uses a BB there is such a Honk.

Kaap

Fledgling Freddie
Former usa server player here. NF in 1 word: zergtastic. Albion is gonna love 1.70 in the first 3 months. After that we get 1.71 and things will change but by than half of the other 2 realms on a server, quit.

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
I don't think you can compare what's happening to the States with Europe, at least not as far as people's behaviour and game-play is concerned. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Ogri

Fledgling Freddie
Aye, saw many fins out there, got aggro'ed by a load and died at 6am this morning.

Mile gates are fantastic, 3-4 tier, many hiding places ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom