Possibly getting ToA for free?

Melachi

Fledgling Freddie
So, im crafting in Jordheim right, because I don't have a house, and im doing the tradeskill quests.

But I keep getting that broadcast spam from that NPC saying something like "blahblah is about to make an important announcment, everyone is instructed to head up to blahblah and listen".

Anyway, the guy mentions about three times in his little story "the roads to Atlantis will soon be open to all of us", "Soon the Trials of Atlantis will be open to us all", "Prepare yourselves for the Trials of Atlantis".

Right now that alone means nothing, but combine it with other bits of info.

At the moment, GoA are doing a deal on Catacombs+ToA on their site, trying to flog off as many ToA lisences before they start giving it out for free?

They did the same thing with SI a while back, and gave it to everybody who still didnt have it, but this was because the engine updated.
Maybe due to clustering, something has to be changed which means everyone has to have the ToA ability?

Worth a tought, as it would be nice to get my other account ToA active for free, bit skint at the moment ;)

P.S. Ill post screenys of his chat in a while, cant atm.

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Think its a residual thing from before ToA was on the servers, to hype it alil and create a story background for it. They likely havent removed it since then. Doubt ToA will be made free since as far as i know it isnt free in the US and they have clustering already. But you never know.

Espen

Banned
its the "here comes toa" npc.. has been there since before toa came.. it gets removed next patch..

A

Aoln

It should be for free considering how crap it is, timesink deluxe~

Saggy

Can't get enough of FH
Espen said:
its the "here comes toa" npc.. has been there since before toa came.. it gets removed next patch..
That NPC is actually cloned and you can find it next to each base-class trainer on Lamorak and Gareth asking people "you enjoyed the Trials of Atlantis, eh?" and telling a story about tsunami and poisoned water :m00:

Deepflame

Fledgling Freddie
It's not crap, I'd gladly pay for it again if I had to. I enjoy the ML raids and I love randomly roaming about knowing that if I get lucky I might get a rare item or scroll from most of the random mobs roaming there.

However, I will admit it's a timesink if you are only focussed on RvR and I can imagine for those people it can be annoying. :p

cemi0

Can't get enough of FH
They havent given SI out for free. They only updated the graphic enginge in classic. But people with only a classic account still cant access the SI zones.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
cemi0 said:
They havent given SI out for free. They only updated the graphic enginge in classic. But people with only a classic account still cant access the SI zones.

pretty sure all US accounts were upgrade to SI when they released catacombs - be surprised if it's not the case here as well...

Melachi

Fledgling Freddie
cemi0 said:

No your wrong, I only had Daoc classic when i quit the game, and when i came back a month ago I could go SI, and only had to activate ToA and Catacombs

rampant

Can't get enough of FH
Deepflame said:
It's not crap, I'd gladly pay for it again if I had to. I enjoy the ML raids and I love randomly roaming about knowing that if I get lucky I might get a rare item or scroll from most of the random mobs roaming there.

:cheers:

totally agree - i like all aspecs of toa

Deepflame

Fledgling Freddie
leviathane said:
why??? toa is lame.
Lemme guess, you are one of those RvR-Only PvE-Sucks people that complains about NF as well? :p

Anyway, I like ToA because of the themes and the looks. I like ML Raids because of the many people around. I like how the many roaming mobs there have a chance of dropping something nice, like this one time I was randomly roaming and killing some Taur and a Mad Tales 3/3 dropped. I like doing most artifacts, even if I don't get credit or the artifact. The only thing I don't completely like are the scrolls, they're a bit of a pain in the ass, unless they're easily buyable from the CMs, or decently farmable (ie; not underwater, god, I HATE those Skyros/Naxor/Melos :p)

However, ToA does take a lot of time, anything you do takes atleast 30 minutes. But isn't anything you do in DAoC like that? Doing ML Raids I usually estimate 3 hours per raid, 4 hours if we're doing a ML3. I have fun chatting with my group or the battlegroup, I have a laptop next to me to browse with, sometimes some of my relatives are on the raid. (Usually my mum, you wont believe how hooked she got ;p) Farming scrolls takes ages and is in fact the least fun part of ToA. That's why I usually just buy my scrolls. :)

I never camp any artifacts, excluding Orions Belt that one time, but I was crafting anyway. I feel that camping artifacts is a waste of time and generally ruins the fun I have on DAoC. I don't mind waiting, but 6 hours is just omgwtfbbq.

Dracus

Fledgling Freddie
Deepflame said:
Lemme guess, you are one of those RvR-Only PvE-Sucks people that complains about NF as well? :p

Anyway, I like ToA because of the themes and the looks. I like ML Raids because of the many people around. I like how the many roaming mobs there have a chance of dropping something nice, like this one time I was randomly roaming and killing some Taur and a Mad Tales 3/3 dropped. I like doing most artifacts, even if I don't get credit or the artifact. The only thing I don't completely like are the scrolls, they're a bit of a pain in the ass, unless they're easily buyable from the CMs, or decently farmable (ie; not underwater, god, I HATE those Skyros/Naxor/Melos :p)

However, ToA does take a lot of time, anything you do takes atleast 30 minutes. But isn't anything you do in DAoC like that? Doing ML Raids I usually estimate 3 hours per raid, 4 hours if we're doing a ML3. I have fun chatting with my group or the battlegroup, I have a laptop next to me to browse with, sometimes some of my relatives are on the raid. (Usually my mum, you wont believe how hooked she got ;p) Farming scrolls takes ages and is in fact the least fun part of ToA. That's why I usually just buy my scrolls. :)

I never camp any artifacts, excluding Orions Belt that one time, but I was crafting anyway. I feel that camping artifacts is a waste of time and generally ruins the fun I have on DAoC. I don't mind waiting, but 6 hours is just omgwtfbbq.

Agreed!! :cheers:

/Dracus

GReaper

Part of the furniture
I'd guess that theres a chance of them giving ToA for free once Darkness Rising is launched, otherwise they'll be maintaining 4 different clients (SI, ToA, Catacombs, DR).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom