possibly a good idea..

T

Trinilim

This is just an idea, so tell me if it's crap or not, just playing around with character builder.

46 body
28 mind

now before you shoot me down, hear me out.

With this spec you get the infamous -50% resists, which will be a devastating addition to any group with a wizard in it, as you get -50% cold or -50% heat. You also get -30% matter for those cabalists. You also get an ae root that lasts 60 seconds. Not to mention you get nukes (though that's not your main job, it will still be handy once your cc/debuffing job is done)

With 28 mind you still get power regen 3, 46 sec ae mez, and the second self mez resist.

Now if you come across a group of mids or hibs, ae root, single target mez each one of them starting with the ccers, or ae mez them all at once. Then use your ae dex/quick shout (-58) and ae con/str shout (-45) considerring they don't break mez now. Then use /assist on your wizard (if there's one in the group) and help them by debuffing their damage type. If there's not a wiz in the group, you can still do some damage, though not as heavy as the wizard, you cna still do damage. That ofc comes after demezzing anyone who is (if there are any).

Just playing with ideas, it seems like a sound spec, but considerring I haven't played it, I'd like some input :)

A

Adri

Heh ive been getting 5-10 pms a week by people asking the vague question - 'whats the best spec for a sorc?'

the problem is every spec is viable

yeah if you want better nukes then go for it but your aoe mezz will suffer as result. plus your losing mana crack, self mezz resist bufs, and pet. depends if your willing to give them up.

all i can advise about is my spec which 40body 36mind which allows you to have the 2nd best version of every available spell. i love my spec - allows me to solo and group ok.

your spec if fine, if you dont enjoy it respec when we get a free respec

Adrianicus

D

DeaD GuRu

i agree, i personally don't think there is something like "the best" spec. When i ge PM'd for advice the first thing i always ask the ppl is: "what are you planning to do with your character, what profile would you like."
And there is nothing wrong with testing them out while playing, you do get respecs at 20/40 and if you still think you suck at 50 there will be some respec stones availble.

but i love your idea, as i see your spec you would be a nice zerger. 20/30 mids inc... aoe debuffs, hope you all survive the stun or mezz... then off for the kill

cheerz :) and have fun

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

AE dex and qui debuffs aren't really the ideal thing to stick on a mid tank/zerker. :)

It probably isn't that bad of a spec though. Assisting the main nukers will cut through healers and shamans pretty quickly and after you have done all your mezzing you can get down to nuking. Sorc body nukes are kinda powerful and you can take down a lot of classes quite quickly.

You never really know until you try it though. You might get some problems with people demanding crack 5 or the best mezz but generally you shouldn't get too many problems.

F

fl_gorre

my sorc got 24mind/48body
i prefer this spec to the 46body
why?
because you can debuff your own DoT (4dot stacks of 150+damage are funney on sbs) and still get the lowest aoe mezz
mezz reductionchant and a higher pot arent worth it imho

anyway
body sorces are great solochars and good for exotic grps but for the rest they got lill to do in a decent RvR grp (atleast untill albion gets 10player grps :p) cuz your mezz is completly unreliable:
-low duration
-less radius
-much higher chance of resists, especially vs high RR mid grps(determination resists buffs etc basicly you just give all tanks mezz immunity for teh next 50 seconds :p )
on the other hand assisting a fire wizz ice theurg or wizz is ultimatly lethal
but note: being a sorc you mostly will have plenty of work doing CC and getting rid of those evul zerkers who ran straight tru your mezz, with sloppy CC your bound to be more busy with it or eat grass before you can even start debuffing targets
second note the /assist macro lags a bit

when i play on my sorc honestly i prefer not to join a grp cuz otherwise i would just gimp them
i run around solo leeching the zerg,finding stealthers to have a nice gight with em or i grp up with a wizzie ( ghala XX) and debuff like crazy for him/her
yesterday fe we leeched 1,5k out of NP1grp suiciding at atk, planted aoe mezz just before guard agroo radius assisted ghala with debuff and she 3shotted all their tanks

body sorces is a great spec and are lots of fun to playbut sadly enuff there isnt really place for them in a decent rvr grp

D

Draylor

Originally posted by fl_gorre
-much higher chance of resists, especially vs high RR mid grps(determination resists buffs etc basicly you just give all tanks mezz immunity for teh next 50 seconds :p )
Sure with only the lvl24 AE mez youve a much higher change of it being totally resisted - due to the spell level based resist crap.

The chance of resisting mez outright has nothing to do with RR/RAs/buffs - but itll last such a short time youd probably prefer they did just resist it :)

F

fl_gorre

yeah was talking about the effeciency of the mezz vs high RR grps(taking resist chances and duration in account)
basicly it sukz =:)

Users who are viewing this thread