Hawkwind

FH is my second home
http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/olympics/34337877

Surfing
Skateboarding
Baseball/Softball
Sport Climbing
Karate

Have been put forward. The one that stands out for me as an issue is Surfing as locations for future Olympics would become an issue.
Baseball?!? WTF only played seriously in a few countries USA, Cuba and Japan then a few other minor ones like Puerto Rico

What sports would you like included?

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Fisting. The bicycle teams would be great at it.

Bannedsaddlemod.gif

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
I think skateboarding should be in but only because its one step closer to

rollerball-1.jpg

and that would freaking awesome!

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Huh, I though Karate was already an Olympic sport. Live and learn.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
i thought baseball had been in olympics for ages

there was a big hu-ha when there was a semi final with Cuba vs USA in one and N Korea vs S Korea in the other

capitalism won

I dont see surfing being a problem, they already do a lot of the watery events far away from host city, can always build some wave machines!

Lakih

Resident Freddy
Winter Olympics got snowboarding so why not skateboarding.
Rollerderby would be awesome too :)

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Tiddlywinks....surefire ticket seller.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Stoner wind push
Stoner plank
Luck swing
Plunge-to-death
Hi-aaa

Ancient greeks would toss in their graves

Rubber Bullets

FH is my second home
I can't believe that they've already decided against Squash again, it is a far better fit for the Olympics than Tennis. It's just a mild diversion from the Grand Slams for the millionaire tennis players.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I can't believe that they've already decided against Squash again, it is a far better fit for the Olympics than Tennis. It's just a mild diversion from the Grand Slams for the millionaire tennis players.

RB

Fixed.

It feels wrong when you don't sign your posts off ;(

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
The next big thing: E-lympics
Not sure watching a bunch of fat Asian 12 yr olds will be that captivating tbh. Although about as much activity as Darts and people tell that is a sport, still not sure how that fuck that happened.

PS only mentioned fat Asian's because they seem to make up the majority of better players from what I've seen. Wasn't a racist slur.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
so I got the Asian bit right :) Holy fuck I still can't believe that many people turned up to watch Will Young from X Factor :)

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
the-running-man-buzzsaw.jpg

Been waiting 28 years for this to be an Olympic sport. (Yes, 2 years before I was born, I was waiting :eek:)

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Is that guy on the left Ronnie fucking Pickering?

mooSe_

FH is my second home
Not sure watching a bunch of fat Asian 12 yr olds will be that captivating tbh. Although about as much activity as Darts and people tell that is a sport, still not sure how that fuck that happened.

PS only mentioned fat Asian's because they seem to make up the majority of better players from what I've seen. Wasn't a racist slur.

Most of them are scrawny rather than fat tbh. There are a few fatties too of course

I don't think I will ever understand why people enjoy watching other people game.

You're supposed to watch the actual game, not the nerds pressing the buttons.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Huh, I though Karate was already an Olympic sport. Live and learn.
Think it was a demonstration sport only, not full inclusion. It, like Waterpolo, was deemed too violent for the Olympics.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Had to look that one up. Basically ice hockey play, with no ice, on a five a side indoor pitch.
Yeah, the shit you played in 5th grade when the gym teacher was hungover

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Starcraft 1 and 2, yeah i would watch that Olympics, but fuuuuuck League of Legends. Noo respect. Even Counter-Strike would be OK. Thought, it would never be adopted in Scandinavia unfortunately.

What wouldn'tbe adopted in Scandinavia? :p they have had lots of major esports tournaments on TV here in Finland in the last year, mostly CS, LoL and Hearthstone

E sports aint going anywhere but i agree why watch someone play when you could play (kinda like i feel about many sports - like Tennis or Cricket, good fun to play boring as hell to watch!)

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Thing is, when the Vikings raped and pillaged, they didn't export sports like we did.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Thing is, when the Vikings raped and pillaged, they didn't export sports like we did.

We also brought a few back and made them more civilised, like Polo - using a ball instead of heads etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom