Possible Keylog

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Howdy,

Am at work and i clicked a link on the official wow forum, it is being said by some member's that the link is a keylog site.

I was a noob and clicked the link, but can the keylog software install just by clicking the url? The page it takes you to is Chinese, there was no popup's or "install this to view video's" etc.

I was under the impression keylog programs require you to install something, is this correct?

As mentioned, there was no "install" prompts, or popups, or any links i clicked within that site. But is there a way i can check whats been installed on this machine? Like an install log etc.

DO NOT CLICK - h**p://www.wowpvp.cxo.cn/index_en.asp

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
Its possible.

Occasionally a vunerability is found in IE or windows etc that allows a website to send you a virus without you clicking on a popup to download anything. These things normally get spotted quickly and fixed however if you don't keep things updated you can run into problems.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
If the person who made the site is smart enough, they can have programs silent install on your machine. =<

Just do a virus scan if you've got one handy, will pick up most mal code.

Aesgir

Loyal Freddie
Keyloggers can install through Active X controls in IE yeah, no one ever managed to make that risk free, a malware scan couldn't hurt. Better safe than sorry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom