Positive Money

Fweddy

FH is my second home
I went to a talk last night about the Positive Money campaign and the reasoning for it. It was really interesting finding out just how backwards our economic system is and I wondered if any of you lot had heard of it/had any thoughts?

This video explains a bit about it but basically the issue is that the main way money gets into our economy in the current system is by banks creating money from nothing to loan to people to buy houses, so pretty much any economic growth is dependant on increased personal debt and increasing house prices.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmR4qtEdu0I

Apologies if this is old news but it was new to me and seemed worth sharing.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I went to a talk last night about the Positive Money campaign and the reasoning for it

America was set up in many ways to free the people from the banking system - a prime reason for the revolution. It was going great until the government was co-opted by the rich and the federal reserve bank of america was set up - the very thing that Jefferson warned about, foisted on an unwitting American public.

Lord Acton said:
The issue which has swept down the centuries and which will have to be fought sooner or later is the people versus the banks
Horace Greeley said:
While boasting of our noble deeds, we are careful to control the ugly fact that by an iniquitous money system, we have nationalized a system of oppression which, though more refined, is not less cruel than the old system of chattel slavery

We are debt slaves. Simple as that.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
We only owe money virtually now, isn't going to take much of a disaster for it all to be lost, imagine waking up tomorrow to find the entire banking systems drives and backups had wiped themselves because of some bizarre unknown problem...I hope.someone's writing it all down in good old ink just in case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom