positionals

Joe_Soap

Fledgling Freddie
question

im a reaver. my strongest attack is levi

is it 'bug abusing' when i straff in a fight to get my side poeitional offf

im not SC'd and i dont have a bb

so when im fighting a stealther (by more or less defualt, buffed to the tits) is ti 'wrong' for me to straff to get my levi in

Belgerath

One of Freddy's beloved
2bh its as mythic says ''working as intended'' so if u straf in a fight ull probably get flamed but really if u get the rp's 2bh who cares imo :wij:

Chronictank

FH is my second home
question

so when im fighting a stealther (by more or less defualt, buffed to the tits) is ti 'wrong' for me to straff to get my levi in
Dont come here and whine when they do the same
As stated in he previous post mythic say its working as intended. If the stealther has any sence he will simply walk backwards every time u try and strafe or use /face so youre tactic wont work.

Auriel

Fledgling Freddie
Working As Intended :D

I do the same thing with my ranger for the same reasons. Jostling for positionals is a natural thing to do, especially as side / rear attacks bypass most defences.

Staffzor

Fledgling Freddie
Joe_Soap said:
question

Levi is the reaver level 50 move, I think you mean Indigosnake. If I am fighting someone that is strafeing around, I tend to que up side positional with after block, as our anytime is kinda shite. Also have strafed to get side positional on, do it in a group when things are mezzed so to me the same principle applies for all I know the person I am fighting might not have used stick/face, and if timed correctly can get a nice lifetap proc in :).

As my old VW I did the side move 2 times in a duel iirc more by luck than judgement but wins the fight for you as it has massive stun duration.

Naugi

Fledgling Freddie
Joe_Soap said:
is it 'bug abusing' when i straff in a fight to get my side poeitional off
You have positionals. Designed to be used in combat from that position. You cant say to your opponent 'would you mind standing still a minute while I line up my next style' so strafe away imo.

I think strafing only sucks when people do it to avoid getting hit. Doing it to land a positional is fine and must be the only reason its possible to strafe in combat anyway.

Ronso

Can't get enough of FH
I dont know - I think that strafing between tanks is ok in general but I think when you get a bd or chanter strafing to avoid hits and get healed by pets is the lame shit but thats only imo

Sendraks

Fledgling Freddie
Ronso said:
I dont know - I think that strafing between tanks is ok in general but I think when you get a bd or chanter strafing to avoid hits and get healed by pets is the lame shit but thats only imo

I fail to see how its lame. If someone has the common sense to use a game feature to avoid getting hit, then all credit to them. By the same rationale, if a stealther has the common sense to run through a caster to avoid getting hit by a spell, then credit to them too.

The lame part of this, for me, is caster classes with heal pets in general. Heck they don't event need to strafe, a quick sprint and general bit of kiting is enough most of the time.

Ronso

Can't get enough of FH
Sendraks said:
I fail to see how its lame. If someone has the common sense to use a game feature to avoid getting hit, then all credit to them. By the same rationale, if a stealther has the common sense to run through a caster to avoid getting hit by a spell, then credit to them too.

The lame part of this, for me, is caster classes with heal pets in general. Heck they don't event need to strafe, a quick sprint and general bit of kiting is enough most of the time.

No- youre right -
it isnt lame as it is a feature - it prolly just raises the whole bd over powered issue thing again tho - the fact that if they use strafe and they receive heals too there is no killin em but hey - i aint whining cause i aint that bothered about it -

just hard to have a view on the rights and wrongs of strafing i think - tank strafin anyways

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom