Populations...

F

Flimgoblin

For those of you saying how it's all fine and dandy over in america for us euro's ... lots of people to play with etc.

as of this current moment:

Currently defending the realms:
North America: 6,854
France/Germany/ UK: 9,062
Italy: 945
Korea (Beta): 3,200
Worldwide: 20,061

Only 2k more in europe atm...
but we have 9 servers, they have 18.
so average per server is 1k over here (at lunchtime)
average over there is 400...

admittedly it's not quite like that... there's 600 people on Guinevere at the moment...
still not many.

be interesting to see how it is at 7pm GMT (primetime!)

O

old.Hamish

Err did you stop to think that lunch time here is getting out of bed time in the US, therefore the numbers on the US servers is quite high for that time in the morning:rolleyes:

Like you say, check again at around 11pm UK time and see the populations then

C

case-rigantis

just wondering where these stats are from? reason being mithix have recently announced 200,000 subscribers are you sure you`ve not missed a zero out somewhere very important?

O

old.Hamish

Originally posted by case-rigantis
just wondering where these stats are from? reason being mithix have recently announced 200,000 subscribers are you sure you`ve not missed a zero out somewhere very important?

He probably got the info from the Herald as its on the front page

O

old.chesnor

200,000 subcribers means that many people have bought the game and tried the 1 month free trial ever. In the entire world.

No way will there ever be 200,000+ peeps playing simultaneously worldwide, not unless the Koreans go crazy for it (which they probably will :) )

GIV GOOD ITAMS ^^

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

I was checking the Camelot Herald at about 10pm CET last night and had a look at the numbers - quite impressive if you ask me.

About 50.000 people all over the world played DaoC.

15.000 Germany/France/UK
Most of the players were from the US, of course - at 4pm EST. Not even prime time.

Oh.. and about 1000 Koreans in open beta... glad they get their own servers...

POTALl!! POTAL!! keke^^
GIV EARTHEN DEFENDR PLZ!!!1

O

old.Arnor

Too much free fucking time :p

Stop trolling the boards go out and zerg in emain like every other yahoo in daoc :p

O

old.Rusfighter

About 150+ real (everyday) players from Russia.

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Originally posted by old.Arnor
Too much free fucking time :p

Stop trolling the boards go out and zerg in emain like every other yahoo in daoc :p

I would love to... believe me....

... in other words: at work.

HILL BENNY!!!

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by old.Hamish
Err did you stop to think that lunch time here is getting out of bed time in the US, therefore the numbers on the US servers is quite high for that time in the morning:rolleyes:

Like you say, check again at around 11pm UK time and see the populations then

umm think for a moment :p
I was talking about EUROPEAN players playing on the US servers... i.e. there'll be a few people in europe playing at the moment...
not a huge number on the US servers.

thats why I said it'd be interesting to see what it's like at primetime (7pm - 11pm ain't primetime, GMT+2 goes to sleep before then)

I wasn't saying 'ooh more euros than US'... duh :)

O

old.Prof

I feel like writing an essay, so here I go ...

No way will there ever be 200,000+ peeps playing simultaneously worldwide

Not simultaneously. The +200,000 figure is the number of ACTIVE ACCOUNTS. As you're all aware, quite a few ppl possess multiple accounts, so the actial number of ppl playing is lower, but not measurable (as a single person paying for 2+ accounts doesn't necessarely means he is the only player of both accounts). Hence an MMORPGs succes is measured by active accounts.

From other MMORPGs we know that on peek time only 20-25 % of the total number of active accounts is simultaniously playing. DAoC has 40.000 to 45.000 ppl on peek time so this perfectly corresponds with +200.000 active accounts. Oh btw, on peek time USA servers "outpopulate" European servers, yet on average they have indeed a lower population, even when you compare USA peek time to European peek time.

BTW the number of sold DAoC copies is far higher then 200.000.

O

old.Hamish

Originally posted by Fingoniel

umm think for a moment :p
I was talking about EUROPEAN players playing on the US servers... i.e. there'll be a few people in europe playing at the moment...
not a huge number on the US servers.

thats why I said it'd be interesting to see what it's like at primetime (7pm - 11pm ain't primetime, GMT+2 goes to sleep before then)

I wasn't saying 'ooh more euros than US'... duh :)

Ah I see what you mean now. I dont think many people went to the US servers because of the amount of players there but the fact they thought GOA was crap, behind on patches and that there wasnt a RP server here. 7pm here will be about 2pm there so I guess there will be shed loads on the US servers by then.

I dont think that many european players actually left and went to the US in reality, Im not saying there arent many over there but I think that the ones that left made the most noise about leaving so it seemed more than there really was.

K

Keri

7pm in the UK is the equivalent of 11:00am to 3:30pm across the whole of N. America. Remember, there are a lot more time zones than the one in the UK.

O

old.Hamish

Aye I know that but you got to have a starting point and the east coast was as good as any seeing as it would start there.

O

osy

Fingoniel, Im afraid you're wrong. I have a friend on LAN that plays on albion/US. May be because albs have more numbers that the other realms, but on Percival there are constantly 700-1000+ peeps at all times. And im talking albs only, reckon total players must be somewhere around 2500-3000.

a bit later edit: I'm a troll :m00:

O

oldnick

Do we get peek time on euro servers and if so where is it cos i like peek shows :/

Sorry it had to be done

Nick

F

Flimgoblin

lol nick :)

Did anyone get a grab of the server populations at 7pm?

Be interesting to see what it's like :)

I

inqy

out of interest I looked how many players were on Prydwen around 9pm last night. It was approx 1500. I then connected as normal to my Middie SB.

/who : reported 479 total players online (for MIDGARD) irc.

So thats pretty much a third of the population. Anyone able to do the same on the other 2 realms on Prydwen?

Prydwen total (approx): 1500 roughly at peak.
Pry-Mid: 500 (just below)
Pry-Alb: ?
Pry-Hib:?

I could do the same on excal- hib tonight. Nice to see how the realms are balanced (or not).

O

old.Revz

The exact figures as parsed from the XML are as follows for Prydwen :

Albion
Population 5,325 (38%)
Level 50's 222 (39%)

Hibernia
Population 3,701 (27%)
Level 50's 100 (18%)

Midgard
Population 4,913 (35%)
Level 50's 248 (44%)

Total
Population 13,939 (100%)
Level 50's 570 (100%)

As you can see pretty balanced all in all. There is certainly no massive Alb dominance as a lot of people like to claim. Overall Albion has 3% more people than Midgard but 5% less level 50's. Hibernia struggles but perhaps not as much as they thought.

I

inqy

this of course includes alts and people that no longer play the game. but it is better balanced than I thought tbh.

O

old.Revz

Doing a /who at some arbitrary time of day will throw up just as many alts :)

I

inqy

Aye, but I was trying to show how many active players were on at the time and shows midgard activity at that time (peak) was roughly 1/3.

Alt or not, you can only play one char at a time. So the actual population doesn't change. So one person may have 4 alts or just one char on the server in your data and we have no way to know.

Shame the XML can't just show how many accounts per realm that have been active say in the last 7 days. That would be perfect for our needs then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom