Population .....

Xajorkith

Fledgling Freddie
Getting fed of albs saying "ahhh we haven't the population anymore".
XML and Goa says otherwise.

Excal+Pryd Alb : 3970+2884 = 6854 Albs on cluster = 38%
Excal+Pryd Mid: 3348+2529 = 5877 Mids on cluster = 32%
Excal+Pryd Hib: 3318+2043 = 5361 Hibs on cluster = 30%

Yeah yeah I know it's "all chars" and not those just involved in RvR but it "indicates" alb still have the numbers.

Secondly the underpopulated realm bonus set by Goa...

Excalibur/Prydwen Albion 7 82% 0% 100%
Midgard 7 94% 0% 100%
Hibernia 3 104% 5% 50%

So nothings changed... Alb still overpopulated...

Jarroman

Fledgling Freddie
actually a /who on x realm on primetime then relog to a y realm and do /who again and then add em and substract em from the 2server population in loggin screen should give a better "view" imo.

/who counts all afaik,anons too

Veno

Fledgling Freddie
Id hardly call 6% and 8% above the other 2 realms overpopulated o_O

Im sure though that in your little world 1% more albs is overpopulated too and that atleast 2000 albs should insta quit cause you have some kind of issue with that realm.

It aint ever going to get more even populated than it is right now. Live with it or play another server/game.

Xajorkith

Fledgling Freddie
Feck I keep forgetting Albs can't read, just read the words not what you think I’m saying and don’t put words in my mouth young padawan!

The point of the post was highlighting to certain Albs that said they had no longer had the number advantage that they are wrong, nothing more nothing less.

occy

Loyal Freddie
Xajorkith said:

Yeah yeah I know it's "all chars" and not those just involved in RvR but it "indicates" alb still have the numbers.

Midgard 7 94% 0% 100%
Hibernia 3 104% 5% 50%

WOOHOO were still overpopulated !! :drink: :drink:

Comos

Loyal Freddie
Ever thought of the possibility that there may be more casual players in albion that dont rvr much or at all than in the other 2 realms?

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
why would that be? just because you click on alb doesnt make you casual

Zzang

Fledgling Freddie
Raven said:
why would that be? just because you click on alb doesnt make you casual

hm, have you even played daoc?

Does shiny armor, camelot, for arthur and paladins ring a bell? :)

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
yes i know that, its a joke on the "just because you roll albion doesnt mean you suck" argument :)

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Veno said:
Id hardly call 6% and 8% above the other 2 realms overpopulated o_O

There's 27% more Albs then Hibs. The numbers you quote are in relevance towards the full population, and shouldnt be used in that way.

It aint ever going to get more even populated than it is right now. Live with it or play another server/game.

Im not really complaining myselves, but 27% more is quite alot

Edlina

Can't get enough of FH
Hib is overpopulated in fg rvr anyway :(

But reduction of keep/tower upkeep bonus is always nice!

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Interesting - alb/excal 40% or so, not sure if that's just the cluster or if there's been a shift to the other realms.

Oh, and just because there's more alb chars in total doesn't mean there's more albs in RvR. And if mid can bring twice as many to alb shores than alb can rally to defend it hardly makes us the "overpopulated zerg realm" ;)

My theory as to why there's less rvr focused albs than the other realms because the wtfpwnzor guilds/groups will generally gravitate to another realm to either escape the roleplaying keeptakers or so they can win a few more fights ;) plus being bainsheed or warlocked to death repeatedly is just not fun.

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Xajorkith said:

Midgard 7 94% 0% 100%
Hibernia 3 104% 5% 50%

When it comes to rvr that's bullshit :)

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
Erm you can't really add those figures together like that. Let's suppose that all the Hibs on Pryds were alts of Albs on Excal then on a day they all played alts you'd get

Hib
Excal+Pryd Hib: 3318+2043 = 5361

Alb
Excal + Pryd 3970+2884 - 2043=4811

(Yes I know this is grossly simplified it is an example of why adding populations together on Excal and Pryd does not give a good indication of over population balance).

kiliarien

Part of the furniture
Xaj did say it was a post aimed at specific people who claimed that Alb didn't have the numbers anymore, that was it.

So now we're meant to feel sorry for Alb because they're not in rvr, remind me not to kill a scout when he's shooting arrows up my arse next time - maybe not. He made a sepcific point that many are trying to broaden.

And trying to bring those who have other acc's on pryd/hib is even more complicating the simple issue.

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
kiliarien said:
And trying to bring those who have other acc's on pryd/hib is even more complicating the simple issue.

The "simple issue" is that the stats posted don't reflect the post-clustering rvr situation, where all realms in rvr have been pretty much even with on any given night each of the realms has had the advantage at various times. There are stats or there are people's direct experience. I know which I go with :p

Harthai

Fledgling Freddie
Just because the stats indicated here are about the full population and singled out rvr population, doesnt mean it doesnt reflect the rvr population.

You wouldnt even need statistics, go to any relic keep take youll see the giant numbers albs can put out.No matter how many different ways you wanna look at it, it wont change a thing. Albs always have the big numbers in rvr. Theyre the only realm in the servers who can magically spring up a zerg. Hibs get to a zerg when one of theyre keeps has been taken or obviously, to take a keep or keeps. Mids pretty much same reasons.

Albs on the other hand appear on the brigdes of agramon as zergs.So cmon is it really that hard to believe that even though that statistic is of overall population that it in no way confirms albs numbers in rvr aswell?

Ging

Part of the furniture
lol ive seen reports of 100+ hibs, 100+ mids when doing the same thing.

Who really and i mean REALLY gives a shit? This is a MMORPG.

I would guess that on a "normal" nights RvR there are pretty much equal numbers of mids, albs and Hibs out.

But thats just from my experience which i cant back up with statistical fact.

Dunno about Mid/Hib players but I have all 10 slots in my account filled with toons. I like variation, I cant stand just being tied to 1 class week in and week out. at least 6 of those chars are played every week. Then on top of that I also have my BB account which has about 5 "messabout" toons on there. So im afraid that im personally repsonsible for at least 14 of those numbers in the alb realm.

I suppose i could log onto Hib/pryd and fill up both main and BB a/c with lvl 20 toons, might make the numbers a tad closer than the "statistics" show.

TBH to the person who created this thread, population levels are not different enough from an RvR pov, having the classes available to you such as Warlocks and Bainshees easily makes up for "any" numerical advantage in keep sieges and zerg warfare. Before you say Heretic is great with monster rezz, remember that someone has already had to die for that to occur, and QC mezz will render them impotent.

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Ging said:
Before you say Heretic is great with monster rezz, remember that someone has already had to die for that to occur, and QC mezz will render them impotent.

Neither Mids or Hibs actually need to bother with the quickcasting of it. They just mash the insta button :worthy:

As far as the original threadposter goes, congratulations, you've proved for the 743752th time that statistics can show anything you want. You've almost reached the rank of politician!

I just got run over by a full group of mids while solo. I'll assume from that that mids have 8 times the number of RvR'ers that Albs do, while no Hibs RvR ever. Alb will always be over populated with numbers, ofc it also contains 80% of the PvE roleplayers and a large portion of the people who only play 1 or 2 times a week. I'd also bet that more people have moved from alb to mid/hib with the advent of clustering than have moved from mid/hib to alb. Heretics just don't hold the same appeal as warlocks/vamps and banshees. The only thing that actually matters is the number of level 50 characters logged on in the frontiers on average. I'm sure those will show a different story.

WullieTheRed

Loyal Freddie
The point the original opster was trying to make was that despite all the albies say in the matter, there is still a distinct difference in alb pop with Mid n Hib pop... then you all bring out stories of, yeah, but that doesnt mean they are all out RvR... well that doesn't mean that all the hibbies or middies are out RvR... if you are going to bring in the joker card like that, don't forget you have to issue it to the other realms... point is Albs are still over populated, enday story.

Ging

Part of the furniture
WullieTheRed said:
point is Albs are still over populated, enday story.

Over populated = no
Highest population = Yes

Devilseye

Fledgling Freddie
well maybe its true that there are allot of Albs doing more pve than rvr..
But when they see xxx keep is undersiege.. bg join xxx.. they'll come (and that aint weird)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom