Population decrease?

semanon

Fledgling Freddie
Has anyone else noticed a mark decrease in the population over the last few months? I know it's summer, with nice weather and all, but it certainly appears to be a lot less than previous summer months. Glasto's population almost down to a quarter of it's levels with no increase, If anything a drop, in Excal and Pry. This isn't a "dooooom" thread. I was just wondering if I am missing something.

Is the freeshard servers eating into the population numbers, or is it just the summer slump?

I'd say a mix.

Nice weather.
freeshards and the classic ruleset/enviroment they offer.
Other games etc.

Probably not the end, but a logic development.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Matriarch|Sneakers said:
I'd say a mix.

Nice weather.
freeshards and the classic ruleset/enviroment they offer.
Other games etc.

Probably not the end, but a logic development.

Glastonbury is falling ebcause of hib population. Dont deny it happens :)

Also, a lot of people are bored with the game. They have done everything that has been offered to them. There are only so many ml10 rr5+ level 50 alts a person can make before they get bored.

Could also be the summer, the World Cup or even games that are being released

Oldleaf

Fledgling Freddie
Glastonbury: less then 200 ppl on Midgard at primetime, still some RvR action but to many Hibs compared to Alb/Mid. To less high PvE (DS for example)

Pryd/Exc cluster: Looks more healthy but at low RR its a hard time in RvR there even with a i hate to pay for a second account to compete in RvR buffbot, i guess 40/50% of the population is buffbot.

Gareth US: Maybe that is the place to be, more players when yanks supposed to sleep then Glaston at prime time.

Considering what server to play next...

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Oldleaf said:
Glastonbury: less then 200 ppl on Midgard at primetime, still some RvR action but to many Hibs compared to Alb/Mid. To less high PvE (DS for example)

Pryd/Exc cluster: Looks more healthy but at low RR its a hard time in RvR there even with a i hate to pay for a second account to compete in RvR buffbot, i guess 40/50% of the population is buffbot.

Gareth US: Maybe that is the place to be, more players when yanks supposed to sleep then Glaston at prime time.

Considering what server to play next...

Try Gareth ^^

Sadly you are right about cluster and buffbots, but Mythic wont do a thing because they are bringing in more money!

DocWolfe

Part of the furniture
my subs ran out a couple of weeks ago and I just cba at the moment... got too many things on my plate... plus I cant afford a pint let alone a £8 sub at the moment :p

[HB]Jpeg

Loyal Freddie
hibs r killing glast without any doubt....

giv alb a 2 day freel level thing and mids a 3-4day free level.. hopefully bring some peeps in.

and another thing to improve glast.. give /level

what u have to consider also a LOT of people play daoc at uni/college etc and with holidays here or due.. they all go home where they maynot have comp setup for daoc or take some RL time instead of sat at comp everynight. add to that summer jobs... gf's holidays .. it all subtracts from playerbase.

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
Personally I just lost interest in the game, too many friends and nice people quitted as well, started to become too many wankers remaining in game and too few goodguys.

Generally speaking, the World Cup, summer, in addition to the usual decline in population, is probably some of the reasons that the population seem to have dropped lately.

MadsKaizer

Fledgling Freddie
people are either on vacation, or started working again after their vacation :D

this is the reasons I havent played much the last 14 days

Everz

FH is my second home
alot of my m8s have quit, summer, and freeshards are better

my reasons.

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Most of my guild seems to be off playing WoW at the moment, saying they're just bored with DAOC and have done everything, like Thadius said.

*sigh*

I'm not bored with DAOC, but it's hard to summon the enthusiasm to log in and be the only one in your guild. It's weird, though - feels like someone flipped a switch and everyone got bored at one. Weird. Especially when, 3/4 months ago, the population was definitely going up and lots of people I'd not seen for ages were coming back to the game.

semanon

Fledgling Freddie
Oldleaf said:

If that guess about buffbot is correct, it makes the population decrease even worse.:eek2:

Thadius

Part of the furniture
semanon said:
If that guess about buffbot is correct, it makes the population decrease even worse.:eek2:

Its true

About half the server is buffbots

Quite a few people also have more than two accounts open.....

Shafu

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah, server populations do seem to be declining. I have always played a lot even during the summer, but the last few months my play time has plummeted. For me, the reason is NF. I have endured NF for 2-3 years and Im finally getting fed up.

It's a weird time for populations to drop, though. I guess many players, like myself, have been hanging on for as long as they could. I am really looking forward to some info on the next (RvR) expansion. Hopefully, this expansion will make the decision easier for me (to quit or not).

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Fucking too hot, too many chicks undressed to the bone out, too many wankers with too much wasted time in their hands "ruling" the server atm.
Many good reasons to log in less and less tbh xD

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Gahn said:
Fucking too hot, too many chicks undressed to the bone out, too many wankers with too much wasted time in their hands "ruling" the server atm.
Many good reasons to log in less and less tbh xD

Definately

Quit playing about April time, only just got rid of subs!

Too many hot women about to oggle, shame they dont want to hear about my exploits as a sorc :(

semanon

Fledgling Freddie
Thadius said:
Its true

About half the server is buffbots

Quite a few people also have more than two accounts open.....

Just checking the server log-in there are close to 720 on Excal/Pry, so that would make it 360 - 400 players online for the two server(excluding buffbots). :eek6:

Thadius

Part of the furniture
semanon said:
Just checking the server log-in there are close to 720 on Excal/Pry, so that would make it 360 - 400 players online for the two server(excluding buffbots). :eek6:

Sounds about right

Though Id put the number at around 300 for buffbots

Kronic

Loyal Freddie
I notice the trend every year, always happens around this time and normally recovers. If you look at the post of what age are you, 20% are between 15-20, my thoughts are everyone has their nose in a book and craming for an exam or are out getting pissed and celebrating.

Kronic

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
Thadius said:
Definately

Quit playing about April time, only just got rid of subs!

Too many hot women about to oggle, shame they dont want to hear about my exploits as a sorc :(

So you don't have quite such a mesmerising effect irl? :)

Maybe you're just not telling it right. :fluffle:

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Kronic said:
I notice the trend every year, always happens around this time and normally recovers. If you look at the post of what age are you, 20% are between 15-20, my thoughts are everyone has their nose in a book and craming for an exam or are out getting pissed and celebrating.

Kronic

Exams are over :D

/Cheer

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
DocWolfe said:
my subs ran out a couple of weeks ago and I just cba at the moment... got too many things on my plate... plus I cant afford a pint let alone a £8 sub at the moment :p

I have a pint for you, it is white and frothy though! :p

Weissebier of course! :p :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom