Pop-ups

K

kinag

Got something annoying shit going on atm, everytime I open IE I get 2 pop-ups, I close it and another one pops up, this happens 2 times :eek:

What can I do to prevent this? considering going Mozilla :p

I usually know how to fix stuff but I don't got any answers to this one about how to fix it, only thing I would come up with is Pop-up blocker..

C

Coim-

Originally posted by kinag
What can I do to prevent this? considering going Mozilla :p
Even if it doesn't solve your problem... go Mozilla! It's uber. :D

K

kinag

hehe, used mozilla for a while :p

but Trojan? eh don't think so :p

N

-Nxs-

Ive been using Mozilla now for about a month - and its way better than IE, nice auto popup blocker, nice system for remembering passwords and data filled into fielelds, nice integrated email client too - I guess thats better than outlook express with all the viruses popping around.

Ill never go back to IE :) ive even installed mozilla at work now on some of our IT teams pc's :) we love it

K

kinag

Using Mozilla Firebird 0.7 atm.. still good enough? :p

N

Nightchill

spybot search & destroy is prob the best out there, works well with Hijack This (if you know what you're looking for) and the coolwebsearchchronicles shredder (another essential one).

my favourite pop-up killer is the google toolbar :) does a great job and adds some useful features at the same time. Get it from: http://toolbar.google.com/

N

Nightchill

I used to use adaware, then tried spybot s&d and it found tons more :/

S

Sibanac

Originally posted by Nightchill
spybot search & destroy is prob the best out there, works well with Hijack This (if you know what you're looking for) and the coolwebsearchchronicles shredder (another essential one).

my favourite pop-up killer is the google toolbar :) does a great job and adds some useful features at the same time. Get it from: http://toolbar.google.com/

why bother using google bar if Firebird does it all for you out of the box.

kinag : Firebird is nice, I use it alot, doesnt seem as stable as mozilla yet tho

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom