Pop-Up Killer

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Anyone able to link me to a safe one?, can't trust google with something like this :m00:

Sissyfoo

Fledgling Freddie
Mozilla Firefox? Haven't had a pop up in nigh on ... ever since I started using it.

Talsar

Albion Legend
Goto www.download.com

Search for pop up killer.

you can also narrow your search to include "freeware".

A word of advice choose one which is under 1mb, as it will be the least likey to contain adware/spyware. I strongly recommend scanning your pc after you install any program for such programs.

Delket

One of Freddy's beloved
I simply let the one that came with norton run but i hear googles on is surprisingly good and used widely.

Coim

Fledgling Freddie
I cannot stress this enough, USE MOZILLA - IT IS OF ROX.

That is all. :D

Coren

Fledgling Freddie
Norton one is pretty good, but I've switched to Mozilla - just the right balance and works really well. Plus you get a sweet browser with loads of other cool stuff - what more do you need?

Vladamir

FH is my second home
I put Google Toolbar on a few hours ago and it's done wonders. 25 add pop-up's blocked already :clap:

Gamah

Banned
Binky the Bomb said:
Good spywar prog to use is "Spybot - Search & Destroy"
Not only does it do pop-ups but it can also remove all the spyware links on you HD.

http://www.spybot.info/

its was but no updates for like 4 months have made it crap..I have resorted to adaware untill they release the new version

EDIT: just heck the website they have released it hehe

the_hermit

Fledgling Freddie
As has been suggested a couple of time ;) the Google Toolbar is spiffy...

I you fancy a change of Browser, then Mozilla or Opera have built in popup killers...

There are loads out there now, so just go with the FotM! :D

Chilly

Balls of steel
you get a google toolbar (much SMALLER) built into firefox essentially, you get a tiny google search box and theres a bajillion plug ins fo rfirefox all of which are uber, like adblock.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Delket said:
I simply let the one that came with norton run but i hear googles on is surprisingly good and used widely.

im using googles popup killer and its ace...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom