POP quiz.

O

old.Tohtori

Three tubs filled with water. One hot, one roomtemp, one cold. Each tub has 60 liters of water in them. We take 30 L from the roomtemp tub and pour it into the hot tub. Take 30 L from the roomtemp tub again and pour it into the cold tub. Take 30 L from the hot tub and pour it into the roomtemp tub. Take another 30 L from the cold tub and pour it into the roomtemp tub. How much water in each tub and what temp?

S

slapmesilly..

all tubs have 30L

#1 is slightly colder than "hot"
#2 is room temp
#3 slightly warmer than "cold"

and don't even TRY saying I'm wrong

:kissit:

P

Pixie.Pebr

#1 60 litres
#2 and #3 30 litres

All pisswarm, because all that pouring took so long time the cold ones got a bit warmer and the hot one got a wee bit colder :p

N

Neural Network

Won't you have a lot of water on the floor if the tubs are only designed for 60 litres of water? Better dry up quickly and don't tell you mom about this experiment.

O

old.Tohtori

Actually Neural, i think, had the only full correct answer but here's the real deal anyway. Pixie was close but not quite there and Slap, i dare say it, you were wrong. :D

All of the tubs are full, 60L being the maximum obviously.

You pour 30 L from the roomtemp tub into the cold and hot tubs, leaving the roomtemp empty but because the other tubs are full you get 60 L in the coldtub, 60 L still in the hot tub and 60 L on the floor.

Then you poor 30 L from both tubs back into the Roomtemp tub and you get 30L in the hot, 30 L in the cold and 60 L in the roomtemp.

The temp of the tubs is still the same, nothing changed no matter how much you fiddle with the water, at the end, there's still one hot, one cold and one roomtemp tub.

So, 30L of water in the hottub. 30 L of water in the cold tub. And 60L of water in the roomtemp tub.

Never spoke of the temp of the water now did i? :p

O

old.Tohtori

Well atleast this time it's silly and not "You dimwitted seal!!" :p

Thanks SFX!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom