poor promotion of ra3 cup

O

old.Skeeve

Why was there no mention of the ra3 cup via the q3 leagues mailing list that most other barrysworld leagues seem to use and why was there no mention on the main barrysworld website of the start of the uk's first ra3 competition?

O

old.The Fixer

That would be mostly down to me. I'm used to working alone and i can only apologise for not doing as you suggest. I will make sure from now on that i use all available methods of promotion.
Having said that,you signed up for this league. The news has been updated on the website and you haven't looked. We also have a mailing list which you haven't joined.
The blame falls on us both.

[Edited by The Fixer on 30-09-00 at 23:44]

O

old.Skeeve

I guess it was wrong to assume you'd want as many of the people who signed up to know about the cup as possible, surely as shown by the numbers of defaults it would have been far better to have done everything possible to avoid people not realising the cup was due?

O

old.UncleSteve

As the time got closer to the cup starting updates of the news part of the league site showed the start wasnt far off. On the 19th Fix said on the webbie that the cup would start on the 30th. Although its obvious some ppl wont check and its annoying if u havent a lot of clans must have seen this as a lot did show.

And although its annoying for ppl who missed to schedule and so had to default my clan didnt make the cut for the cup due to signing up late. I had to give a lot of defaults out at the weekend and was annoyed that my clan couldnt take part in the cup only for clans to default all of their games.

To try to place the blame totally on the league is wrong. Although there was poor communication the majority of clans did turn up and in many cicumstances the clans who didnt show didnt care.

The league is just starting so give it some time to sort itself out.

UncleSteve

O

old.Doc Holliday

This is barrysworld, right ?

I'm a little bit disappointed about the coverage of the BWRA3L. Before this league i played on the BWQ3DM league with my clan and it rocked! *greetz to bigfoot, btw*
One or two hours after the games the results were online, with reviews of the games/teams during and after each season.

But on the RA3 league there are hardly any news each week, it takes almost one week for the results. And the games are posted 2-3 days before they have to be played.

The first season hasn't even started yet, so i hope that during the first season the whole coverage will improve, it can only get better. :)

O

old.KoTR|X-Factor

Give em time

Lads I think you have to remember that this is and I quote Skeeve '...the uk's first ra3 competition?' and for TheFixer and all his little helpers (looks at UncleSteve) to get everything perfect in the first season is too much to be asking for! The cup competition imo was a brilliant success and seemed to run smoothly and was very well admined. I have to agree with Doc that the web updates are a little slow, but I'm sure it will improve. I'm for one looking forward to the start of the league season and I'm sure it will be really good so lets not get negative about a top quality league that is just finding its feet.

PS Thaxs TheFixer and UncleSteve good Cup comp hope this weekend goes well for the clans left and I look forward to the start of the league when KoTR will Rule! (well maybe not rule :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom