Poor ol' LT's

T

throdgrain

After yet another game with 5 LT's and one medic (me) ,but no ammo,i felt maybe something could be done.I wonder if id could add some kind of points incentive for the LT's to make them give ammo?Atm its getting rediculous.I actually CHASED one last night in frustration after he not only refused to give anyone ammo but kept turning his back to give himself,even when he must have been full up.it actually got quite comical,he was running down the grass on the beach map towards the wall with me in hot pursuit yelling i need ammo i need ammo!i wouldn't mind so much but i was the one in the forward bunker fighting off the allies with 2 LT's standing in the trench behind doing nowt!i ended up using my knife!the thing is at the end of the game i had the highest score!whats all that about then?
i know id aren't known for changing their games in any significant fashion unlike say,counter-strike,but it may be a good idea.

O

old.Anatoly

I thought the Lt's did get points for giving ammo?
In the same way that medics get points for healing people

T

throdgrain

i know m8 it was so mad i actually did LOL if you see what i mean.
but no,i didnt think they got points for doling out ammo.as a medic you get a point for reviving but not for handing out health packs.or if you do i never noticed :)
Anyway i could have cheerfully shot them lt's.
no really :)

K

*Kornholio*

Lt's do get points for handing out ammo...

B

bigbb

Perhaps provide a cash incentive, throdgrain. That'll do the trick, i'm sure.

C

Chameleon

There does seem to be a distinct lack of basic knowledge of the game. I post to other forums (jolt/rtcw.co.uk) and there are people every day that are not aware you can bind keys to the vsay and vsay_team commands, how to use the sprint key, what each class is supposed to do, the fact that maps have objectives to them ........... and even some people who think cl_run 1 (always run ON) is cheating :eek:
I've thought about doing some html pages with some of the fundamentals for newbies to read ....... but saying that, it's all already available to them if they just look, or ask questions! I guess once it's been around a while, there will be less newbies and more people who know what they are doing.
If anyone would like to help with some kind of guide to rtcw though, drop me an email and maybe between a few of us, we could come up with something useful.

S

ShockingAlberto

I beleave you get points by giving ammo to anyone who is shotuing `i need ammo'(anyone with the icon still above their head).

Because RTCW is a brand new game, it attracts newbies in much the same way CS does(except CS attracts more because it's so popular and cheap). Hopefully BW will start attracting teh more experianced players now it's been out a while.

If there's one thing i hate, it's people who choose not to read the instructions, but then aren't capable of figuring out the game. I need to bind a key to `RTFM you dumb n00b!!'. I beleave i bound a key to `Stop fucking spamming!!' the other day, after getting sick of someone spamming `i need ammo' for 2minutes solid. The fact is, the icon stays above your head and on the radar for a while, so shouting more than 5 times in one minute isn't nessacery.

Throdgrain: If he's ignoring you, and knows how to give ammo, then just ignore him. Run around with your knife if you have to. The chances were that he was a llama, not a newbie, and whjat he wanted was for you to annoy the fuck out of everyone by spamming.

O

old.Anatoly

Apparently in the first patch they will be putting some sort of time limit on the chat to stop spamming
:clap:

T

throdgrain

alberto.bollocks to running around with a knife i'd sooner change server,which is what i did.
kornholio m8 i notice you have a new map on your server cant wait to play it any times your clan hope to be on there? id gladly join in for a game :)

O

old.gust0o

You could simply refuse to heal them... I know it's being as lame as they are, but it's a suggestion.

I had this one guy whilst I was playing medic the other day, doing like this guy of yours - ignoring my calls for ammo, but constantly making sure he got plenty.

I managed to find him in the forward bunker on beach, edging his way out of the door as someone was on the machine gun in the bunker above. Little old me goes and stands right behind him, pushing him out.

Ratatatatatatata... /thud.

There he is, spamming for a med, with me with my needle out just watching him from in the bunker...

... ah, some people simply deserve a taste of their own medicine :D

This is one of the things that I enjoy about playing this as a clan game, or going onto a public with the lads from the clan - they play as a team... which is bloody well how a team game should be played :D

N

nocte

i have only ran into a few peeps that are being lame on the servers.

I dont resort to not healing them coz they dont give out ammo as that makes me just as bad as them.

I agree it will be a much better game when playing with clanmates as you will actually play as a team.

The game is still really in its infancy, so give it some time and peeps will come around, but there will always be lamers.

as throdgrain said just move servers, or even switch teams?!

K

*Kornholio*

Throdgrain, we're usually in #ucuk on irc.barrysworld.com... pop in sometime m8... we have regular games on Wed's & Sundays in the evening...

T

throdgrain

i'll certainly do that wed or sunday m8 thanks very much.checked out ur webby btw too looks very good :)

O

old.Hashesheen

sorry this is gonna sound really lame, but i am one of those people who can't be arsed to read the instructions :D wtf is the radar ffs?? and how do i use it???

S

ShockingAlberto

*Ahem* RTFM you dumb n00b!! Sorry, just practising for ingame :D

If you don't have a radar at the bottom of your screen, then do
/cg_drawradar 1 (think that's it)
And you'll get it. When someone makes a request(ammo/medic), it shows up on the radar, making it easy to find them.

O

old.Hashesheen

thnx, i'll try that, this is just why i don't play those damn flight sims, reading stoopid manuals for weeks on end just to learn how to turn the damn engine on :(

O

old.Hashesheen

wot the feck is a 'penge resident' anyway?????

T

throdgrain

you are mate:)
Anyway,wow you guys are right!You DO get a point for handing out ammo!Although in a way I find this a bit more depressing as people obviously havent realised this.(I exempt myself from this as i normally play as a medic:) ).
Oh well I going to make a bind that says "you know you get a point for giving me ammo?that could double your score" or something like that ;)

S

ShockingAlberto

Heh, but it's only if you give to soemone who's asking for ammo, so if you're in a generous mood, and you see some ammo on the ground, shout `I need ammo' before picking it up :)

O

old.gust0o

Can I just ask though, since I'm entitled to a decent game on a server, why I should be forced into swapping just because someone's failing to play with the team?

It just doesn't seem like a solution to me - I just swap classes... you don't often get enough idiots to completely ruin a game, so if I'm desperate for ammo so I can get stuck into the fight then I'll simply go Lieutenant, or if the officers are behaving then back to medic again...

... horses for courses :)

O

old.Ah///MaNIaC

well i must say i had the best game in RtCW yet this afternoon!!

absolutly great Team work... ammo was given out when needed, i revived peeps when they called for medic (within reason... sometimes i was too far away or dead)

It was the most fun i have had yet on rtcw, no lamers (except a few spawn campers with flamer) at all.

a big :clap: :clap: to all the peeps that played.

BTW it was on Objective (1) server.

Users who are viewing this thread