Polls on the US servers...

Gamah

Banned
Funny that hardly anyone wants a ranged/timer buffed server...just shows that people don't hate buffbots as much as the buffhaters want you to think.

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
just that they have made classes that dont need buffbots now to compete with other classes that use buffbots.. geeh.. be great on a server where buffbots didnt work

Brunore

Fledgling Freddie
If they got rid of buffbots then Vampiirs would waste everything.

Buffbots are here to stay.

Brite

Banned
chances are its gonna end up no toa ml or artis

when you think EU will see this sort or stuff if ever?

merc grps ftw again ?

Mauness

Can't get enough of FH
tbh, i think we EU folk have voiced how much toa/ml's sucked. So i dont even think we'd need a poll :)

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
will never come to EU, GOA only pay Mythic to get the basic things

[SS]Gamblor

Fledgling Freddie
Heta said:
will never come to EU, GOA only pay Mythic to get the basic things

wrong, GOA host the service in europe.
They do what Mythic say , as it is thier Game ( Product).

However polls are usualy done for the particular commonity. I seem to remember that alot of people though there would be no chance of Server clustering going on in europe, yet we have had a poll on this. we shall wait and see what the result is though.

Myself i'd go with timed b00fs. But i don't use a BB.

as for vamps wiping everyone ... nope, Friars if played right can take a Vamp =).

also Champs would be fun. however this wouldn't really effect warn00bs too much, or pwndancers. Both would ownz0r us all :(

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
A viable solution would be to give to every class rising stats (something like the vamp stats), then you could be buffed on top of that to get the extra 20 that you'd be missing. In that sense, buffs would still be in the game, but everyone would be able to compete without them, the difference being minimal.

I do have a bb, and I won't give up that account even if they change buffs. Playing my vamp however is great, not having to dual log, being able to get inside poc etc...

Kalidur

Fledgling Freddie
i Doubt if it'll come to europe, dont GOA have to buy a new licence or something.

I have nothing against TOA, gives me something to do after level 50 other than RVR.

The BuffBot situation is really annoying though, for anyone who hasnt got one, my preference would be to get rid of non-self castable buffs, and give everyone vamp style buffs, or remove them from the vamp.

Kittyfantastico

Fledgling Freddie
I don't know what I'm going to vote, I'm too new to have been near the trials yet, haven't had any negative endevours with buffbots as of yet. Me and my hubs will possibly see what our guildmates say and go with the masses. I know, kind of fence sitting, but I'd really like my vote to benifit the people who may have problems with certain things, rather than just voting for no change as I don't know and my vote not counting for anything.

Kitty :)

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
rather have ranged buffs than timed. already sick of having to recast selfbuffs on my casters..

Killerbee

Fledgling Freddie
Even if GoA considered to implement one of those above I really doubt they would start a new english server.

Rookiescot

Fledgling Freddie
Bah !! Wish they had included a "Server with no stealth" in their poll.

That way everyone has to play in a stand up fight.

No "Billy no-mates Quake wannabe's".

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
If this goes trough would it get mythic to drag players off GOA subscripe to their own?

Phuzzy

Fledgling Freddie
well I'd go for no ToA from those, but I'd vote OF instead if that was an option :D

Gamah

Banned
Rookiescot said:
Bah !! Wish they had included a "Server with no stealth" in their poll.

That way everyone has to play in a stand up fight.

No "Billy no-mates Quake wannabe's".

right...

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Gamah said:
Funny that hardly anyone wants a ranged/timer buffed server...just shows that people don't hate buffbots as much as the buffhaters want you to think.

well. with ~130 votes u cant expect a very accurate result anyway.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Killerbee said:
Even if GoA considered to implement one of those above I really doubt they would start a new english server.

GOA had a poll like that about 2 years ago. the results showed we wanted a home invasion server but GOA did f*ck all about that.

Kittyfantastico

Fledgling Freddie
I voted no TOA as this seems to be leading in the U.S.A Polls, lets hope that Mythic open as server that the Majority want :).

Kitty

BTW if anyone is thinking of moving to stateside servers from the Europe ones, me and my Hubs have just done so, have to say it;s great, no lags, tons of people about, who are very friendly as well. And more servers than you can shake a stick at :)

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
"No ToA" server is a silly option. Mythic are admiting their most important expansion to date, was a flop! The sad thing is, most of ToA was good! It's just a few of the long term consequences of the expansion which had a negative impact.

imo, ToA had the best PvE in DAoC and it was pretty good fun to explore it for the first couple of months. But then the overpowered abilities started coming out, and when you need to repeat MLs, camp artis, farm scrolls... and do that shit all over again with your next character, the expansion flops.

If Mythic just made it more friendly for people who don't spend 10 hours a day playing the game, it wouldn't have been taken so badly. Patch by Patch, they're improving ToA now but tbh, it's about a year too late. Now it comes to the point where they're actually considering the removal of ToA from the game! When all they need to do is remove the time-sink factor and tone down some abilities.

All of those options are crap for a new server. The ultimate server would be a cross between PvP and Co-op. i.e open all three realms, but there's full PvP in the frontier zones!

Zenythe

[GOA] English Servers GM
Ctuchik said:
GOA had a poll like that about 2 years ago. the results showed we wanted a home invasion server but GOA did f*ck all about that.

That could possibly be because we can't legally create server types Mythic hasn't?

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Zenythe said:
That could possibly be because we can't legally create server types Mythic hasn't?

Such lies ;P

If you could, would you? Aimed towards Zent.

gervaise

Fledgling Freddie
^^^^^
i would second this question to Zen. simly saying 'could possibly' does nothing to further the debate. Mythic HAVE NOT created a Spanish server either but we now have .... so 'could possibly' doesn't enter into it. If GoA and/or Mythic thought that there was a commercial reason for a Home Invasion server n europe it would be discussed. Is there any incentive - that's another question. This weekends peak population numbers have fallen sharply ...

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
We need a licence from Mythic for every server we run. We also aren't allowed to change the core code of the game, we can translate it to different languages (paying a licence again for each one) and we can use any different rulesets that Mythic are willing to licence to us but we aren't allowed to develop our own rulesets.

Offering a Spanish server is not the same as offering a Co-op server or a Home Invasion server. Whether we could or not is moot, we aren't allowed to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom