Poll: who enjoys playing in Malmohus?

O

old.trigali

First of all, I am only lvl 31 so I am asking out of curiosity, I can't even get close to the place...

but there has been a series of threads on my guild's forums about the horrible pain, pressure and bad ambiance when playing in Malmohus.

It sounds to me like this zone is very ill-balanced, with super aggro mobs teaming in 12 to slaughter everyone or something.

I would like to know who enjoys playing there. i understand the XP is terrific and the drops are second to none. However if it is a nightmare to play there, then we should make the powers that be aware of it for a re-tweaking...

So tell us what you think !

V

Vell

The idea is, that it is the Epic zone. Each realm has one.

Nothing compares to it - it is the 'hardest' zone you can visit, and you are likely to die lots. But you make up for it with huge exp, and some very very nice items.

If you don't want a challenge, don't go there, I think is the basic premise for it

T

Tasans

Groups usually team up to handle the mobs there. And yes the xp is great if you have some balance in the groups and the drops are awesome.

O

old.trigali

Thanks guys but it is not what I mean:

Do you ENJOY playing there ? I am told there is a lot of tension between players and competitiveness

V

Vell

Originally posted by trigali
Thanks guys but it is not what I mean:

Do you ENJOY playing there ? I am told there is a lot of tension between players and competitiveness

It depends on the reason you go. If you go because you MUST get xo and you MUST get drops, then yes, the tension will be high, and you are likely to not enjoy it.

But if you go because it IS a challenge, and you realise that you ARE likely to die, then there is plenty of fun to be had.

I

ImLestat

As others have already said. The xp is great, the drops are great. Other than that the place (Malmohus) is EVIL. Most people coming there become in a bad mood. There is very often arguing over bad xp, not getting drops and just general disagreances. Apart from this the place is also cut off from the rest of Midgard, so if you come there you have to be prepared to stay there for a while. (This is of course written in regards to the place with the best xp, close to the dragons lair.) And you can't leave to pick up more people who wants in (unless you've got a large group consisting of mostly your own guildmembers, since they might be the only ones willing to take risks for getting their own guildmates there.) In our guild we have always had a "core" group playing together, having fun. With Malmo in the picture it isn't fun any more, because we can for several reasons not always play together in Malmo. We have even lost guildmembers over the Malmo issue.

I am at the moment level 44. The last 3-4 levels I got because I went to Malmo. I will however avoid the place from now on, because it is EVIL. I would rather play with my friends, gaining slow xp, than have us all loose interest in the game, or loose friends over Malmo issues. At this moment it is not clear whether we will continue to play together, but I hope so. I hope I have not lost my friends over the stupid zone...

O

old.LittleDwarf

I was just in Malmo a couple of hours ago when something pissed me off a tad - we where 2 groups exp and then another few groups appeared about to do execs so two of our higher lvl tanks leave us to join them, not the nicest thing to do but I'll let that pass :) what pisses me off the most though is the people in other groups poaching players out of a group - I'm a healer so i get a fair amount of offers but if someone asks me to leave my current group to join them I decline because I'm not that type of person.

Well anyway what I'm getting at is that yes exp in malm can be a very big painand sometimes not very enjoyable at all.

O

old.Prof

The epic zones were added to provide a challenge to high-lvl groups, as it was felt there was to little content for chars in their 40s (especially high 40s).

Even full groups of lvl 45-50 have a hard time, with the dragon as the ultimate hard nut to crack.

O

old.LittleDwarf

On another note whatever GOA did to the servers this morning they have made the Prydwen/Migard dragon disappear :)
She hasn't been around all day, must be on holiday or something.

O

old.Xarr

hehe they made the dragon go away? now that's just weird :rolleyes:

O

old.Arnor

"As others have already said. The xp is great, the drops are great. Other than that the place (Malmohus) is EVIL. Most people coming there become in a bad mood. There is very often arguing over bad xp, not getting drops and just general disagreances."

I cant possibly agree more with you, with the exception of my last group, where we pulled too fast to worry bout drops, I havent been in one group where there hasnt been a pointless argument over loot, pullers, breakers or something.
I'm currently xping at the N (It's not a damn H FFS! :p) and I'm glad because theres nothing that drops there that I need that I aint got already :clap: :clap:

Next lvl ill be going to lair and xp.... cleavers drop there and EVERYONE and their uncle wants them. (including me :D )

O

old.chesnor

I must say that Malmohus contributed to my decision to delete my lvl46 Healer. That place really brought out the worst of people and I deeply hated xping there. Constant arguments about who could join the group, bitching about drops, whinging about xp. Occasionally I got groups where this didn't happen, but mostly it did. I was also doomed to spend several days xping there to hit 50, the thought of the bitching and whinging I would have to endure in those days made me go gaga...

I should imagine its fun once you hit 50 though :)

O

old.Arnor

Oh, lets not forget the Xp-Whores!

The ppl who never wants to let anyone in, or let anyone leech, the ppl who just care about xp pr. kill and not pr. minute which is
the thing that counts.
I've taken a few names, and I know where you live! :cool:

O

old.Xarr

hehe, blacklisting the xp-wh0res > * :m00:

i think you will have whiners everywhere you go, just mentally ignore them and everything will be o-k :cool:

O

old.Yada

Originally posted by trigali

I don't enjoy it. People gets too stressed in Malmohus. I'd rather get that level50 in some other place like Raumarik for example.

S

Solid

malmo was fun first few levels I was there, ie 42-45, then it became regular thing i did to gain a level, then at 48+ it became a nitemare bring thing to do.

Its no Cincidence people hit 50 there and screm "YIPPEEEEE" before getting the hell outta there never to return to the lair (unles you need items)

I want to do a roam of the lesser travelled areas of Malm, liek lake and H stones as there are a lotta nice items to be had there and I still need a new 2H Hammer

K

klavrynd

Well in some points malmo isnt different from all the 30+ (or 35+) zones you get into.

Be it Spindel, Vanern or Malmo everyone's (imho) is just going for really nice items and the fastest exp you can possibly get since the endgame is in sight and you want too reach it as fast as possible.

True, Malmo is king in this point of view, since good teams make (excusez le mot) terror exp and there's a fair chance on getting really nice items as well.

To enjoy or not enjoy is just what you make of it yourself.
Try to get a nice group of people you know and make some decent agreements before you start ( need before greed , or like we do if more ppl want the drop , copper lotto ( everyone gets a range of copper and at the next coin drop the one with the copper in his range gets the item, regardless of level)) and it will make your experience alot nicer.

Should you not like the agreements made you're allways free to leave the group and look for another or do other things (rvr , levelling an alt , craft, maybe even pl lower guildmates) because just joining a group , the exp/drops will probably not make up for you being bad tempered (which might even have an effect on the quality of your healing/tanking/nuking/whatever)

To answer your question : i've like malmo for the time i played in it, maybe since i never had a bad group there before (/hugs guildies/pseudo guildies (Midgards Anglar) )

PS : People tend to forget that Raumarik exists as well as high level zone (and tbh, i find it a much scarier place then malmo for some reason) so if Malmo gets you down get your group down to kill some stuff there

O

old.Bombadil

Awww, I love that place. I never leave the place (its 2 damn hard 2 get in ;) ) So I log on and ask the groups that I find ther to put me on the list/queue. So then I can walk around wave at the dragon, drink coffee and so on. (Maybe for 1 hour or 2 :) )
Then we get to kill drakulvs again and again.. Man I luv it ;)

Hehe, btw I don't moan about it. I hate moaning. DAoC is all about friend for me so I chat with them and move slowely towards 50...

So my answer atm is. Nope I don't hate it, just don't like many of the ppl ther :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom