Poll server open to everyone: OF server

Septima

Fledgling Freddie
Mythic posted this poll on The camelot herald, it's open to anyone, so go and vote what you may think it's the best for you.

The poll is about a new server without BB's, OF frontiers, no ML and arties etc.

Discuss!

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
no bds, heretics, locs, maulers, valks, vamps, animists, reavers, necroes, bainshees, VWs or savages either!

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
So, everything going well for a nice quick WAR release then?

/sarcasm

Pointless idea, why dilute the servers yet again for a flash in the pan?

Gahn

Resident Freddy

/sarcasm

Prolly last straw to get some old playerbase back meanwhile ^^

Septima

Fledgling Freddie
I would have them change classic servers instead of making new brand ones. Keep all classes, keep all content till lotm, change frontiers if they want, but imo it's just silly. The buffing changes is welcome tho.

Craparoni

Fledgling Freddie
As some pps said in the other thread, its 2 years to late. Then i might have considered it. Its time to let go and move on, Daoc was a very good game and i've had loads of fun. Time to enjoy summertime:cheers:

War is coming!

dee777

Loyal Freddie

/sarcasm

Cant agree more...strangely enough...
;)

Slitzzz

Fledgling Freddie
They are not trying to save anything! Its just like the classic servers killed Excal/Pryd, People rerolled to classic got bored could not be arsed to come back ..

But this will half the german pop, try it out get bored of MPK>>MMG>>AMG>>APK>>

Faeldawn

Fledgling Freddie
So basically regress the game 6 years and openly admit NF/ToA was the mistake that torpedoed DAoC...as others have said, way too late now for this kind of thing.

Might work on US, but seriously doubtful on EU unless it was a German server.

Urgluf

Part of the furniture
no bds, heretics, locs, maulers, valks, vamps, animists, reavers, necroes, bainshees, VWs or savages either!

I'm sure they would add bd,reavers,necros,vw, animists and savages tbh SI classes etc

CorNokZ

I'm sure they would add bd,reavers,necros,vw, animists and savages tbh SI classes etc

The Herald said:
Focuses mainly on the class types that existed prior to the expansion packs

I might be wrong, but from looking at that, SI classes shouldn't be implemented

Faeldawn

Fledgling Freddie
I might be wrong, but from looking at that, SI classes shouldn't be implemented

Can you imagine fighting vamps on OF servers with no buffs, no SC, no Alchemy pots, no min-max template etc etc? Scary stuff :)

CorNokZ

They will make npc buffbots.. Or atleast that's what it sounds like

Kaomond

Fledgling Freddie
No matter what's voted i doubt it will efect us either way, we don't have enough numbers to maintain the number of servers we already have, what's the likelyhood of GoA providing yet another server witht he new rule set?

Faeldawn

Fledgling Freddie
No matter what's voted i doubt it will efect us either way, we don't have enough numbers to maintain the number of servers we already have, what's the likelyhood of GoA providing yet another server witht he new rule set?

They could always recycle Camlaan <yuk yuk> :)

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Well they could make the new server English and then cluster Dyvet with German or French

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
I doubt it is proposed as a viable long-term option and I doubt even more that it would work for DAoC EU, but as a last good bye to DAoC I think it could be interesting enough. Many people probably relish the chance of one last opportunity to enjoy the magic of this game before WAR (or the last 5 players on dyvet cancels their subs), even though it's just a little spark before it dies out.

I think I'd try it out if it could be a last rally point of DAoC'ers and just focus what's left of DAoC into one server, but it's probably too far fetched. It's probably going to end up as a brief spark that quickly fades out, alas.

zorbas

One of Freddy's beloved
GOA have to think how to fill the exist servers and not to make new 1 .
This company dont have managers with brain to think that they have lost the oportunity to refill the servers?
They dont have plan cause they dont say to us that they have.
Cant say anything more to them just i feel sorry to myself that i spent so much play time with theese EU servers.

George

partyanimal

Fledgling Freddie
This company dont have managers with brain to think that they have lost the oportunity to refill the servers?
Cant say anything more to them just i feel sorry to myself that i spent so much play time with theese EU servers.

George

i am sorry to say this , but have you considered how many ppl you send away from daoc with your zerging?
when you were losing fair in the very first fg vs fg, you were asking for a co op grp and eventually you were building the zorbas zerg on limors
but you didn't care about your own playstyle, your non existent template and the total lack of grp setup
you gave the other realms the right to zerg and maybe you forced some of them to zerg you as well. some others simply were fed up with that
but as underpopulated realm you were outzerged and thus you and some of your mates were disappointed
as matter of fact german servers have a steep decline around 40-50%
it wasn't the migration of fgs , but the fact that after a certain time there is only zerg

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture

George

Trying to fill existing servers is, and has been for quite some time now, a lost cause.

Faeldawn

Fledgling Freddie
i am sorry to say this , but have you considered how many ppl you send away from daoc with your zerging?
when you were losing fair in the very first fg vs fg, you were asking for a co op grp and eventually you were building the zorbas zerg on limors
but you didn't care about your own playstyle, your non existent template and the total lack of grp setup
you gave the other realms the right to zerg and maybe you forced some of them to zerg you as well. some others simply were fed up with that
but as underpopulated realm you were outzerged and thus you and some of your mates were disappointed
as matter of fact german servers have a steep decline around 40-50%
it wasn't the migration of fgs , but the fact that after a certain time there is only zerg

The reverse argument that has been posted here thousands of times before is that perhaps it's the mentality of players that tried (and failed) to impose their own rulesets and playstyles onto other players that casued some of the damage? It's a rediculous argument either way, it's been flopping around here since BW and one horse I thought we had all flogged to the point where it looks more like a fine pate than anything that ever had legs...apparently not?

The game is and always has been a zerg fest. You can't point the finger at individuals or groups of people for zerging blaming them for ruining the game, thats what the game is designed for, large scale rvr, not 1v1 or 8v8.

The game is 6 years old and has a huge barrier to new players because no-one groups in low level pve, everyone pl's. I always wonder how many players over the years have bought the game, endured the extremely dated and uninteresting pve grind up to mid-levels, the pointless BG's where everyone else is twinked to the bollocks while they are running around in quested or free kit being farmed without a second though before giving up and buying a real mmorpg where you actually get to play with other players before you hit top level.

It's very new-player unfriendly, players leave, the number of new players who stick it out is obviously lower than that number and so the playerbase drops.

How long before we see /level 50 i wonder?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom