Poll: Playing on all 3 realms.

Do you think we should be able to play all three realms on the clustered server?

• Yes

Votes: 82 63.6%
  • No

Votes: 43 33.3%
  • Other: Please Specify

Votes: 4 3.1%

• Total voters

Ame

Fledgling Freddie
The ultimate deciding poll (yes another poll!) to end all polls on clustering (at least all the unimportant ones).

Do you think we should be able to play all three realms on the clustered server of Prydcalibur?

GReaper

Part of the furniture
I'll assume this is currently technically impossible for GOA. However it would be nice to be able to delete characters on a clustered server and switch realms on it, without having to delete every single character in that cluster.

The current solution currently meets the needs of US customers, which has 4 clusters for you to create a new character on. However it does not help players on EU servers with such a limited choice.

Haggus

Can't get enough of FH
Why do you care? You don't even play anymore....

Ame

Fledgling Freddie
Haggus said:
Why do you care? You don't even play anymore....
Cause if this happens, I'll care because I'll be able to make a midgard char.

Ame

Fledgling Freddie
GReaper said:
I'll assume this is currently technically impossible for GOA. However it would be nice to be able to delete characters on a clustered server and switch realms on it, without having to delete every single character in that cluster.

The current solution currently meets the needs of US customers, which has 4 clusters for you to create a new character on. However it does not help players on EU servers with such a limited choice.
Can perhaps make it like there are 3 parts to the cluster, where you can choose which realms to play. Like you can have a combination of Hibernia - Hibernia - Midgard, or Albion - Midgard - Hibernia.

This wouldn't ruin it for people who have 20 characters on the cluster of the same realm, and should be technically possible.

GReaper

Part of the furniture
A 3rd clustered server with the solution would be a bad idea at the current time.

Given the restrictions with being unable to join guilds/alliances from other servers in a cluster, it would probably be pointless. Until Mythic comes up with a solution to offer cross-server guilding, a 3rd clustered server would be far too quiet.

LawBringer

Fledgling Freddie
I do not currently have any chars on the other server (other EN server) this stops me having a choice, but would like to have a choice when I get sufficient 50s on my current server - as it stands though I think it would be very hard to start again on a server with no Hi alt on that server to fund your new char. Currently I can /level whatever I like and have my 50 farm enuff Aurulite to kit out my toons. I have never used the other server so not that important for me, but still be nice to have the choice.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Id want this to happen, if only to play as a mid

Having my main server as A;b/Prydwem and a lot of chars on Excal, even if i delete the excal chars, i couldnt change realm :<

Make it like camlann imo, where you can have cahr for each of the three realms

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Thadius said:
Id want this to happen, if only to play as a mid

Having my main server as A;b/Prydwem and a lot of chars on Excal, even if i delete the excal chars, i couldnt change realm :<

Make it like camlann imo, where you can have cahr for each of the three realms

thesuck.jpg

couldn't resist Thad :p

blejs

Loyal Freddie
This is like the same poll i made about 1 new eng server?
How else would it be possible to choose 1 realm more? :>

But ofc yes is the option

Dr_Evil

Fledgling Freddie
I'm from Midgard, and I have no interest in playing Alb or Hib, it just doesn't appeal to me. Just like WoW doesn't appeal to me. ;P

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
This is like the same poll i made about 1 new eng server?

No, it´s not.

The difference is, that even if people decide to play a different realm, it would still be on one cluster/server, so the overall player population would still be high enough to acutally feed the server, whereas in your setup, we would have a new server with a population of 250 primetime.

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
to ppl who dont read patchnotes on goa sites and herald............this is for you.

it is impossible to do that. they have said it meny times on goa site and herald. its tehnically impossible.

would be cool tho. dont really like me being alb on pryd..

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
it is impossible to do that. they have said it meny times on goa site and herald. its tehnically impossible.

Some people in the past also used to say that it´s technically impossible to build flying vehicles. "Impossible" in the gaming industry means "it´s not trivial and requires at least two weeks or hard work for the coders PLUS testing and stuff too! :/"

:)

Uberlama

Fledgling Freddie
I would be happy enough if they remove the 1 hour waiting time between logging to different realms. I got chars in every realm but this waiting time is just bad, if i want to play my alt somewhere else then my main realm till rvr starts , i have to log out 1 hour before and wait. It's bad ;<

blejs

Loyal Freddie
Thorwyn[B&Q] said:
No, it´s not.

The difference is, that even if people decide to play a different realm, it would still be on one cluster/server, so the overall player population would still be high enough to acutally feed the server, whereas in your setup, we would have a new server with a population of 250 primetime.

Maybe you should read what i post then?
"i was thinking wouldnt it be possible to goa to make 1 new english server where ppl can make chars on.
And then cluster it after awhile when ppl maded their chars etc?"

I would never want 1 new english server that would be seperate from pryd/exc.

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
So you want a new server solely for the purpose of people rolling chars, then cluster it? Why not fix the problem in the first place then instead of a temporary workaround?

blejs

Loyal Freddie
Thorwyn[B&Q] said:
So you want a new server solely for the purpose of people rolling chars, then cluster it? Why not fix the problem in the first place then instead of a temporary workaround?

What problem?
That we should be possible to make chars on 3 realms when its only 2servers?

As ppl said it was impossible to make it like that, thats why i wanted 1 new server. So people would be able to do chars on 1 new server on whatever realm they might choose.

Ofc now with pryd/exc its kinda crap that you can only pick 1 realm if you new to this game.

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
ok... slowly now.

the problem:
People who´re coming to Exc/Pry can currently only roll one realm. This isn´t exactly satisfying, because there are three realms. Mythic or GoA say, that it´s impossible to roll chars on more than one realm on a clustered server.

Your solution:
Create a new server, let it open for how long? 1 month? 2 months? then cluster it to Exc/Pry.
Drawback: it´s a temporary solution. People who want to roll yet another realm AFTER the new server is clustered are being left out and we got the same situation as we currently have.

The real solution:
Rethink the "it´s impossible" part and make it possible for all people playing on Exc/Pry. Maybe it´s not technically possible with the current code, but I`m sure that there´s got to be some workaround to make it permanently possible.

See the difference now? While your solution doesn´t really do anything but give people a temporary time-window to create new chars, my approach is one step further down the line.

blejs

Loyal Freddie
Thorwyn[B&Q] said:
ok... slowly now.

the problem:
People who´re coming to Exc/Pry can currently only roll one realm. This isn´t exactly satisfying, because there are three realms. Mythic or GoA say, that it´s impossible to roll chars on more than one realm on a clustered server.

Your solution:
Create a new server, let it open for how long? 1 month? 2 months? then cluster it to Exc/Pry.
Drawback: it´s a temporary solution. People who want to roll yet another realm AFTER the new server is clustered are being left out and we got the same situation as we currently have.

The real solution:
Rethink the "it´s impossible" part and make it possible for all people playing on Exc/Pry. Maybe it´s not technically possible with the current code, but I`m sure that there´s got to be some workaround to make it permanently possible.

See the difference now? While your solution doesn´t really do anything but give people a temporary time-window to create new chars, my approach is one step further down the line.

Ofc that thing would been better, but atm its not so many new ppl either comming its mainly ppl thats already playing we should start think about.
And if isnt possible, maybe GOA shouldnt work on this and let instaid mythic fix that issue in that case. Cause its still mythic that create the game.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
One realm to find them all,
One realm to lure them,
One realm to hook them all
and on the servers...nerf them!

Ame

Fledgling Freddie
old.Tohtori said:
One realm to find them all,
One realm to lure them,
One realm to hook them all