FH is my second home
Take a moment to answer these questions if you would:

+ sides of DAoC are:

- Sides of DAoC are:

I would like to see in DAoC:

What went wrong?(if you quit)

Frosen

Fledgling Freddie
+ side are: its a nice chatprogram to talk to the friends i've made during the last few years :p

- side is: the grinding, endless as it is

what i would like to be changed/done: balance and less grinding !

Maxgirth

Fledgling Freddie
+ sides are, having fun with guildies etc trying new things out, Bubbles DH `s.
- sides are, everything that ToA has brought with it, I really cannot see anything fun in getting artis, then killing 10,0000000 mobs per arti to level it.
Plus the bickering etc etc it causes.
I would like to see a guaranteed reward for all who take part in any form of hunt ie:- DH`s everyone gets a full/ra respec stone.
Just my 2 cents ;)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
+: it's still fun... spent a few hours in barrows last night with my armsman and despite being a god awful gimp I had a good time :)

-: usually need a break every so often if I've been overplaying, can get a bit samey. ToA has given us loads to do but means everyone's spread out wanting to do different things, rather than everyone going on a Sidi raid because there's nowt better to do ;)

Helme

Resident Freddy
+: All the people you meet ingame and the RvR system.
-: All the whiners thefts and other griefers destroying the game experience for someone/somebody else for thiere own cause.

What i want changed? Well some of the ML and artifact encounters wouldt hurt if you needed less people and also lower respawn timers.

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
+ The game keeps growing. The community is nice (well, the bits I try to hang with). There is always a new challenge to be overcome.

- Bugs, or percieved bugs, in Atlantis especially. There are a lot of things that seem to need GM's present, and if a monster becomes invulnerable after a period, at least give a message about it to the player! Getting spell effects or messages from others seems very common now (I frequently get a caster's self armour buff on my Pally, and I was hearing Master Visur porting people every time whereever I was in Albion the other day!). People whining about how long training artifacts takes (solo with their buffbot), rather than organising training groups (maybe with under 50's - shock) and doing it sociably. People whining about roleplayers - check out the R in MMORPG - it's a roleplaying game!

I'd like more customisation of toons (<crossed fingers for catacombs) - it's how people relate to each other in the game, and we all look too alike. I'd like RA's and ML's toned down a bit (the more powerful ones), as they should make people only a bit better, not enough difference to let people beat 2-3 others (of their play standard and level). The same applies to some character abilities (No 'Iwin' buttons please!). Buffs are far too important, a well buffed character is, in my opinion, far more powerful than an unbuffed one. That gap should be narrowed.

Well, my thoughts/whines, anyway <grin>

Darzil

Daedalus

Can't get enough of FH
Darzil said:
**snip**People whining about roleplayers - check out the R in MMORPG - it's a roleplaying game!**snip**
Darzil said:
** snip ** I'd like more customisation of toons (<crossed fingers for catacombs) - it's how people relate to each other in the game, and we all look too alike.
They're all twin brothers and sisters! Roleplay a bit more!

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Daedalus said:
They're all twin brothers and sisters! Roleplay a bit more!

To be honest, I don't roleplay that much. I just try to keep OOC stuff off public channels, because that way I don't upset the roleplaying experience of others.

Look of toons is something that almost everyone likes to tweak, the more tweakage the better! Lack of variation is dull, not an invitation to try to justify things in the name of roleplaying !

Darzil

Ezteq

Queen of OT
+ side) was woohoo finally got me merc template up together and got an ebony defiler!!!! at last i can do some serious rvr...
- side) oh....wait they brought out TOA and now all my stuff is useless the time i spent getting my char lvl 50 is pointless cos now i have to start lvling her all over again with artifacts and ML's.

what i want changed? id love for them to stop bringing out sodding expansions that render the previous version useless, at least that way folk would have the option to buy or not and wouldnt get "ooh well if your not latest fotm forget a group". If people want to play this game then they should be able to play it how they want, i would have been happy with just the classic version & any of the free expansions tbh all i used to do when i played was chat, farm and craft. It should be a mix and match thing not a forced issue.

Rookiescot

Fledgling Freddie
+ = RvR system. User interface is simple and easy to use. Chat system. Grouping system. Guild system. Housing. Graphics aint too bad. Server stability.

- = Buffbots. Realm imbalance ( in terms of number of toons per realm and their abilities and of course realm population). Crafting system. ToA. Casual players cant compete. Stealth classes. Horse routes. Sitting waiting on the bloody pad (why cant it just be a portal?). XP grind.

Breon

Fledgling Freddie
+ = DAoC

- = None. sure the game isn't perfect, but if it was as bad as people make out we wouldnt keep paying £8 a month

Lumikki

Fledgling Freddie
+ PvP, beautiful scenery, the consept of the game in general, iconnu & kobbies

- PvE, timesinks, general immaturity, lurikeens :(

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
+ = Guilds playing together/chatting, PvE, RvR

- = Thanes, Zerglings ;D

Zorewin

Fledgling Freddie
only here to post a - side

its that 90% of all hibs are cheating and mids can do a good job at running radar groups to

Vehlin

Loyal Freddie
+ RvR when I can get a group, Talking to guildies etc

- The way tanks are shunned in Alb RvR groups (this is gonna get worse with NF), the endless grinding to level arties, the fact that you can't get a group between lvl 25 and 30 any more (Bring back the option of /level 30 so we can at least get groups)

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
OK I'm gonna sound totaly sad here.

+RVR
-All the new crap which makes a standard lvl 50 totally useless, the game needs to revert to individual skills, not silly abilities earned by 24-7 play.
That's why I'm always in BG1, that is the only place left with the original concept of the game.

Here's the sad bit, just give scenery expansions, huge areas with loads of cool stuff to explore, no need for all that pathing/pve code, just...stuff, a place to chill out, like we do in real life.

Smurflord

Fledgling Freddie
+ sides of DAoC are:
The best pvp implementation of any mmorpg I've seen so far.
The wide variety of classes.
3 totally different realms, with their own unique flavours and styles.
A really good mix of people

- Sides of DAoC are:
The franchise operation Mythic set up, instead of running it all themselves.
The buffbot issue
The attitude of a lot of the RVRing population

I would like to see in DAoC:
More variety of animations and styles.
Yes, I always wanted to somersault off the wall of a keep :p

What went wrong?(if you quit)
Most of my friends left over time, one by one, and just generally burnt out with it all. that and the way RvR developed.

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
+++
Being able to have fun player vs player
Can chat away to people
Scout class able to spec it anyway you like and still not gimp yourself
Messing with grey cons from other realms
ToA ML, group steps, not the zerg ones
Able to customise appearance of your charactor via dyes

---
Unbalances
Leetist pigs drawn to the game
Stealth groups
Beinged whined at for not adding on fair 1v1's battles
Radar
PL, taken the social side of lvling together with others
FG's hunting solo stealthers
ToA artifacts
Customer Support

Auriel

Fledgling Freddie
+ Big ol' world to explore, loads to do... if I ever get my ass in gear :)

- months behind the US version, and after translation the american spellings are still there! It's 'Armour', not 'Armor' etc! :p :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom