Politican refuses to sit with 'a different type of people' in standard-class

Tom

I am a FH squatter
You said that if he wants to travel first class, he should pay himself. Many others here have reminded you that in most situations it isn't feasible to work in standard class.

I want my MP to be able to work in peace and quiet, she holds an important position. These people are directly responsible for some of the most important policy decisions this country makes. Arguing over a few hundred quid here and there is bollocks when you consider that this country has a GDP of about 1.7 trillion pounds sterling.

rynnor

Rockhound
Bugz, if you think you can work on a London train, or a train going into or out of London (you know where Parliment is), and work in the cheap seats, you are delusional.

Erm - I do every day so I think you might want to qualify that.

I often sit in the quiet carriage and use my laptop without issue.

Anyway back to the MP - why would they be doing work on the train? Surely during the week they are staying at their taxpayer funded London residences?

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Hopefully they'll be replying to letters and such. I write to my MP all the time :)

First class is fine for MPs by me.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
You can't even read the paper in peace in standard class, fuck only knows how you are supposed to work in it.

Pfy

Fledgling Freddie
Virgin from Euston runs a quiet zone which is perfect for working. I should know - I've used it and worked on some economics in it (and yes people thought I was a saddo).

The S.E Service to Ramsgate is a bit different as they have yet to put in a quiet zone. But that train's first class is RIGHT NEXT TO the standard class so noise will travel. Sit one metre away from first class; get less leg room; pay half the price.

Two examples.

P.S - still waiting for that quote! :)

The S.E sevices don't operate like that so I wouldn't hold your breath for a 'quiet' coach.

I also think the point was more about a higher chance of having a seat if holding a first class ticket and in first class there is a higher a chance of people not looking at whatever work you're doing as they are of a 'different type', such as 'suits' who are, I'd generalise, too pre occupied with their own work.

On a different note, you live in Ramsgate!? :/

Talivar

Part of the furniture
The interesting bit would be to find how many actually DO work while travelling.

Insane

Wait... whatwhat?
Surely most of what the MP deals with and reads could be classed as RESTRICTED material or even CONFIDENTIAL under the protective markings scheme as drawn up by CESG?

which means they shouldn't even be working on it in a public area :p and transporting it using the appropriate locked containers and briefcases so it cannot be left unattended on a train...

oh wait, when the fuck did anyone from the government ever adhere to their own guidance? :p

taB

Part of the furniture
Surely most of what the MP deals with and reads could be classed as RESTRICTED material or even CONFIDENTIAL under the protective markings scheme as drawn up by CESG?

which means they shouldn't even be working on it in a public area :p and transporting it using the appropriate locked containers and briefcases so it cannot be left unattended on a train...

oh wait, when the fuck did anyone from the government ever adhere to their own guidance? :p

Hopefully they'll be replying to letters and such. I write to my MP all the time :)

First class is fine for MPs by me.

Or they could just be replying to Wij's fan fiction. That would only be classified for reasons of decency rather than national security.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
The interesting bit would be to find how many actually DO work while travelling.

I do, although I must say that there are times when circumstances dictate that I do not get my lappy out of my bag :)

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
You're all retards tbfh. If we pay, we pay. If he pays, we pay his salary, so we pay.

Next?

Zede

Part of the furniture
lol at the general section tory mafia ganging up on someone again

right wing tossers.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Ok I'll bite. Fuckoff, cuntface.

There you go, debate at a level you'll understand. Twat.

JingleBells

FH is my second home
The problem to me isn't the travelling first class part, it's his way of saying it with the "different sort of people". Infact, as he's likely to be travelling regularly he can probably book well in advance when first class fares are supposedly cheaper.

He's the MP for Macclesfield, so he'll spend 2hrs each way every time he travels to London. I've travelled on the Manchester -> London route several times when heading to London for work and yes the trains are usually heaving and packed (especially on the way home), I'm not allowed to travel first class with work due to spending cuts, but there are tables in standard class and I've usually been able to set my laptop up and work/watch movies.

But I'm a very junior worker, he's an MP who most probably does have work to do on the train, and undoubtedly it is easier to work in first class, more room and generally first class people are also business men likely to want to work, not children/families.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Its the mortgage thives that we need to worry about, not fucking train tickets.

The irony's quite thick here. Considering the bloke is a fucking mortgage thief, hence the reason he's stepping down...

Edit: Ah fez. In Oz, so my reply's 11 hours behind. Should be on page 1 :)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Hi I'm zede, I come here to troll and give negative rep to anyone who doesn't agree with my trolling bollocks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom