Polearms or two handed? :)

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Ok my lovely armsman is sat rotting on Albion

I might respec him to warlord but what would be better for solo fights?

Two handed Slash

or Thrust Polearms?

He is a Briton armsgimp

Brackus

Fledgling Freddie
I guess pole for solo, 2h is all based on positional (side and back), 2h parry chain is useless. so basically in 2h fight you have the choice of the no req 3 style chain. its alright dmg, but no stun. pole however gives the nice parry chain.

however i guess if you went 42shield for 2h, slam, then do positionals as optional, but it depends on ur play style really. Im 2h on mine, can take out people fairly easy but against multiple enemy or high evading enemy this can be an issue, but guess its the same with pole

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
2H Crush worked for me (Malice), stunned with the anytime follow up from 1H Crush (Battler), people purged often, then I just slammed after immunity wear off and took them out with positionals. The 3 style chain is nice, it has a red combat speed attack debuff as starter.

echome

Fledgling Freddie
People seems to prefere 2H in groups over pole, but when it comes to soloing I would say no doubt about it, pole - def. rage is superb. Crazy damage.

But ofc, pick what you like - the diff. aint THAT big... You are the one who is going to play him and have to look at him.:wanker:

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Thadius said:
Ok my lovely armsman is sat rotting on Albion

I might respec him to warlord but what would be better for solo fights?

Two handed Slash

or Thrust Polearms?

He is a Briton armsgimp

two-handed advantage is purely based off positionals, the reactionary styles are very poor. In a solo fight you will rarely have the opportunity to use positionals except in the odd kiting situration

Polearm has good all round styles for most siturations combined with the best reactionary styles off any weapon line. Hence the preferance for soloing.

However, why thrust?

From a solo point of view crush polearm offers you the best damage table by far for the enemies you will meet solo. Thrust is only the best choice from a group combat point of view, with slash being the worse of all for both.

Shimynor

One of Freddy's beloved
I came up again Duzic the other day on my BM, and I think he is S/S arms, and he was a sod to take down but didn't deal that much damage - he still pwnd me though.:m00:

But earlier on, Kagato came up against me, I hit him for a fair amount higher, but his styles ripped me apart, and again pwned me.

I have no idea about 2H apart from it's all Position Based :)

Hope this helps ^^

Regards

-Oli

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Kagato said:
two-handed advantage is purely based off positionals, the reactionary styles are very poor. In a solo fight you will rarely have the opportunity to use positionals except in the odd kiting situration

Polearm has good all round styles for most siturations combined with the best reactionary styles off any weapon line. Hence the preferance for soloing.

However, why thrust?

From a solo point of view crush polearm offers you the best damage table by far for the enemies you will meet solo. Thrust is only the best choice from a group combat point of view, with slash being the worse of all for both.

I templated my armsman when I was going to run in a rvr group, back when Mid and Alb were the higher numbers in rvr

Vindicator

One of Freddy's beloved
As has been said to you, it depends on your play style really.

It's all been covered by men of better knowledge above, so just think to your self will you be grouping or soloing?

I was Pole most of the time, loved Def rage but I tended to group / small group more than solo so I didnt get to use it loads. Was a shame for solo'ers when they moved the stun from Def rage to Phalanx but it was brillant when grouping.

I'm 2h now. I can still solo pretty well with my crush 6s stun or Slam for positional damage, also you can get positionals off against an opponent who does not wish you to. Im not just taking about running through him for rear moves. With a slight move to either side, the side chains are easy to get off. The Side arc was increased to 90 degrees I believe < Dont know exact degrees tbh> but it makes side moves quite easy to get off and 2h has a nice 9s stun off the side chain :).

Rub

One of Freddy's beloved
i think pole is best for soloing, and 2H has nice util for grouping(side/back snare both stun followup), but 2H works very good too solo when played good and with a bit luck, today i was running solo for a while and got a shar(think it was a hero, well he weared a shield :p) down to 50% after slam, onslaught, two moons can be i critted but didnt check afterwards. I was pole quite long ago so i dont rly remember the advantages and so from that, but when im rr5/rr6 i think im going spec pole again for soloing
and for your dmg type i would say crush

echome

Fledgling Freddie
Well ive been thinking about 2h myself, cause of the sidestun - but I came to the conclusion, that I wouldnt like to cheat(in my mind) by having to straf and get the sidechain off... I'll stick to pole as long as I can't get any real groups. And even if I ever get any groups I think I would still stick with pole - just because I love having a long stick.:wanker:

Just dinged rr5(*grats to me!!*), can't wait to get out there and feel that the fights are a bit more fair hehe

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Even in a group situration polearm is a very stronge choice with an Anytime Snare style, and 2 chain 9 second stun rear positional. However if you plan to group alot, Thrust does become a very attractive option, its lovely on the majority of midgards key support classes and tanks.

Golly

Fledgling Freddie
think the side arcs were increased to 120 degrees and frontal/back put down to 60, not 100% sure though but faintly remember reading it somewhere

this would explain why its possible to systematically get off side positional as it kinda comes from quite a frontal angle, if that makes sense

echome

Fledgling Freddie
Kagato said:
Even in a group situration polearm is a very stronge choice with an Anytime Snare style, and 2 chain 9 second stun rear positional. However if you plan to group alot, Thrust does become a very attractive option, its lovely on the majority of midgards key support classes and tanks.

Very much true.:)

Kronic

Loyal Freddie
I was Crush pole for a number of years and was very unsatisfied, am now crush Battler and Shield.

The damage was nice at times but soloing oranges was hard work. and resulted in me taking to much damage leading to to much downtime.

Kronic lvl 50 Half Orge Arms

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom