Polearm styles...

which is better at this level:

spam: Crippling blow / Executioner (parry reactionary)
or Defenders Fath/Courage chain / Executioner?

cant seem to differentiate between the 2, which is better?

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
I never really bothered with Faith/Courage chain, Executioner is your only real hard hitting style at this stage for the sake of endurance your probably as well spamming Ex/Crip Blow back up until you can get Mangle for your follow up.

If Mythic hadn't nerfed polearm styles you could of used Disabler as follow up, but they saw fit to remove it from the Crip blow chain alas.

haha eggy your soo cynical..

i like my armsman.. mercs s00k, if i wanted a dual weilder capable af decent dmg id have rolled a DW infil. :p

What Arties would you Recommend? the only ones i DONT want due to hassle and pain in the arse to get are Jacina's and Scalars.....

SoK looks pretty nice... does it come in Pole? and do i get a choice of dmg type? i went Crush cos for me i know a lot of crush weak mobs from levelling my Friar.. so i got a good levelling run set out..

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
SoK is the only polearm artifact, it can be thrust or slash for certain, not sure on crush but I would assume so (im not saying 100% sure cause I can't be bothered to check).

And quite frankly, its shit, crap utility, decent speed, the proc is mediocre when it procs at the start of the fight but compared to the procs on some other artifacts its pretty wank. And though it may just be me I think it procs only half as often as any other polearm I have ever used, seriously the damn thing never goes of when I want it, and if it does fire its usually when im on 5% health. It might just be my imagination but im positive it fires less often then a normal pole.

That aside the one and only decent thing about the SoK is the level 10 buf,which is ok, its up to you to decide if the extra 100+ hits/30 af or so is worth it or not.

I myself if I could be bothered to do it again would give careful consideration to legendary or sun weapons. But I have the SoK now so im using it.

Other artis to consider is the typical GoV if you want to do what every other tank and his dog has done, and Sun Belt. I wouldn't bother with anything else but I hate artifacts :D

Glacius

Fledgling Freddie
a few things about pole..

I am full slash/pole atm.. i was before 42 shield/36crush/50 two hand . Criplin blow is nice for the snare thing..but as dmg it sux real bad i mean like a 45% style dmg from it.. the back ones r better but not extraordinary.. they seem to get to 70% ,80% ..the only good style that makes 100% is def rage..after target styles on u .. so as a thing ..if u wanna go for dmg .. go for 2h imo.. Rile.. taunt style from there is alot better like 75% anytime ..and dont go full spec.. go hibrid cause ur dmg variance is still Very big ..as i said i m full pole and my base dmg variates from 200 to 300 lots ...I know i ll go for 50 slash/sheild rest parry with NF..cause its the only way arms isnt so gimped..and oh yeah.. u make same dmg with cripling blow with pole ..like u do with diamond slash 1h slash lvl 50 style after ametist slash . :)

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
I think his point is he has a low level poler and wants to know which of the styles availible at this level he should be using :D

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Elewyth(TLSOA) said:
the only ones i DONT want due to hassle and pain in the arse to get are Jacina's and Scalars.....

Not sure why everyone thinks Jacinas is hard to get. You can easily do it with 5-6 people in 20-30 minutes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom