pole damage type

T

tris-

i been quite happy being crush pole since we got that full respec a few months ago, easily hitting damage cap on my styles, hitting for ~300 unstyled etc what i want to know is, is thrust or slash going to be any better than crush or should i just stick with it? and no i cant respec to hybrid with shield because i have 44 in crush instead of 39 :p

S

saijan_WarLord

go Thrust and get a big partisan :D they are mid killah's

F

Fightersuntzu

I prefer thrust damage, only problem being that you can wind up with insane resists - like 60% - on savages(same with zerkers and sbs, but zerkers lose resists when they go hampster and SBs are probably going to be an endangered species or zerging anyway).

And yes, Partisan + Mid chain = squish imo :D

T

tris-

anyone with thrust pole then, please post your average damage on defenders rage? i get mostly 600 with a crit sometimes of 250

X

Xeanor

Slash has the slowest poles of all, so those could be used for the biggest hits if you use no quickness in your SC template too.

Crafted Poleaxe is 16.5dps, 5.8spd
Apoc Slash Polearm is 16.5dps, 6.0spd :D

O

old.willowywicca

well given that your main targets are support and casters I would say go thrust. casters all are neutral so doesn't matter.. thrust means mid healers and shamans are weak to you, and all hib support is neutral.

with crush druids and wardens in scale (not always the case ofc), are strong to you, bards are weak, whilst all mid are neutral..

with slash mids are strong, and hibs might be weak or strong... so this is clearly a bad choice overall...

I would say go thrust, but crush shouldn't be bad either overall..

O

old.GeForce

Originally posted by Xeanor
Slash has the slowest poles of all, so those could be used for the biggest hits if you use no quickness in your SC template too.

Crafted Poleaxe is 16.5dps, 5.8spd
Apoc Slash Polearm is 16.5dps, 6.0spd :D

also, crafted halberd, 16.2 dps, 6.0 spd.

<strokes his MP halberd and awaits respec>

O

old.GeForce

and yes, its better than the 5.8 spd one.

16.5 x 5.8 = 95.7
16.2 x 6.0 = 97.2

odd for the lvl 50 varient to outdamage the lvl 51 one, but in this case, true...

X

Xeanor

Originally posted by old.GeForce
and yes, its better than the 5.8 spd one.

16.5 x 5.8 = 95.7
16.2 x 6.0 = 97.2

odd for the lvl 50 varient to outdamage the lvl 51 one, but in this case, true...

The Apoc polearm still wtfpwns though :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom