Games Poker

Gumbo

FH is my second home
It's been a while, (I did search) since there's been a poker related thread on here, so I thought I'd bung one up to see if anyone else still plays at all.

I've played on and off online since the beginning, but never very seriously. I did do the beta testing on PKR which was fun when there was just a small community, but then I hadn't really played much at all for the last 4 years. I'd heard rumbles about 'issues' but as I wasn't really playing I took no notice.
Then I started to get emails from full tilt to an old email address I barely use, which made me think about playing again, and as I had 2 weeks off over Christmas I fired $25 into an account and had a bit of a smash at it.

Needless to say, I took a very random approach, forgot everything I had learned in the past and burned through that $25 pretty quickly, but it did give me time to remember to quickly re read a couple of poker books I have, pick a game more carefully and take a proper approach. So I fired in another $25 after a few days to focus myself, and decided to have a go at 90 player knockout sit and go's at $3.30 buy in. I picked these because any lower and people just play like dicks. 90 players gives about a 2.5 hour game (assuming you cash) so gives me a good game for the money.

I've played 8 games now, won 1, cashed in 2 more, and with bounties I've won $127.50 for a profit of $101.10. I've made it to the top 1/3rd of the field in all but one game too. A crappy hourly rate, but as it's more about having a bit of fun while the other half watches fat people having multiple births in Grand Designs that Kirsty and Phil are selling, not too bad.

So anyone else still play, what do you tend to play and where etc?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I dabble in PKR, cash games when i get home from the bar mostly :p

Nothing serious, but i've kept myself above the loss line.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I play now and again, though usually only friendly £5 to play etc in the pub. I make more money on football betting, around £50 in, around £800 out last year

Bigmac

Part of the furniture
I play poker in the pub every now and again but never done it online. Though I am really tempted to try it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom