Point Blank Area of Effect Casters

G

Gabrial

OK, I have a PBAoE myself at level 21 but struggle to find groups. Can anyone help me and explain why nobody seems to like PBAoE casters at levels past 14?

I been in a couple of groups down in Keltoi and we were getting amazing results, killing 2-5 keltoi banishers at once with little downtime. Now, its not all because of me I know - without tanks, healers etc I am useless in areas like that. So why do I struggle to find groups so much?

O

old.Chavez

If you really want good PBAe groups then reroll in hibernia. As a whole they are much more suited for it.

:p

G

Gabrial

I've got some chars on Hib, one of which is an AoE caster. Its not specifically that I want to play a PBAoE, I just wondered why other people dont like to party with them. Maybe its just a bad run of luck on my part in finding groups or maybe people dont realise how usefull they are - I'm not trying to blow my own horn here btw :)

N

Nxs-Kardin

I cant see why people are like that. If theres a wizard that wants to group with me then fine !!

Im L21 and in keltoi so look me up.

I remember leveling in mithra with 2xPBAoE wizzies, amazingly fast exp, who needs a sorc or mins, no need for CC with enough PBAoE's around.

G

Gabrial

Heh - OK NXS :)

If I'm down there I'll look ya up!

G

Gran

I remember leveling in mithra with 2xPBAoE wizzies, amazingly fast exp, who needs a sorc or mins, no need for CC with enough PBAoE's around.

Think one of thoses Wizzie might have been an alt of mine, she had some fun in mithra getting the mobs into blast radius.

Shame she's been deleted I wanted to try a stealther out

T

Tenko

I love PBAoE!

I think the problem is peeps just dont get how to play it. With twin PBAoE you need alot of tanks (peferably one for each mob) who can just taunt/enrage etc the mobs to keep them off your beautiful casters.

Peeps are just more used to, and char numbers inclined to the mez and kill tactic.

O

old.Mitsu

Nothing beats the ant room in keltoi with an ice wizzie :clap:
Pull the whole room + Dai and friends and dont let go of the pbaoe button before out of mana.

When the dust settles you have another bubble :p

O

old.Ozwin

As soon as i log on with my pbae chanter on Morgan le fay i always get at least 2 pm asking to join a grp, strange that you are experiencing that as i love to grp with pbae ice wizzies.

B

Balbor

i'm sure the last thing to go through a group of mids or hibs minds is 'why is that cleric charging at us' PBAOE instent mezz rocks!

O

old.Ozwin

Enjoy it while u can it goes on a 5 minute timer after 1.51

S

Sharma

PBAE is BRILL

PBAE RULES IN RVR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

hehe when ppl r repairing on other side u PBAE and they cant do NOTHING 2 stop u!!!!!!!

btw PBAE works great and pygmy gobbos cos it takes like 80% of their health in ONE SHOT, i mean it also great at untealthing things 2

seriously PBAE is GREAT.

G

Galatea

They can pbae back...

which is where vanilla ae comes in handy, stand a distance away and do it all you feel like

I

ivan_tribbiani

PBAoE casters are the XP mules... with them in the group you wont have the need for any other support class... i remember doing Catacombs with Reg the Ice wizz it was relatively easy one tank per mob hitting without styles <saving up the endurance> and before you know it you are one level higher :)

All you need for safety when PBAoE is make sure every mob is meleed constantly before you start blasting the living sh-- out of the mobs. As PBAoE distributes aggro itself it doesnt need Aggro attracting styles from the fighters.. so caster is safe from that perspective... all you need is a good working unit of fighters really.

Additionally its a well known fact that Nominal XP + Group Bonus > Nominal XP + Camp bonus.

Hope this helps a little.

O

old.Revz

Originally posted by ivan_tribbiani
Additionally its a well known fact that Nominal XP + Group Bonus > Nominal XP + Camp bonus.

Indeed, just ask anyone who has done tanglers :)

D

Danya

I recall seeing a tangler death...

The pygmy goblin tangler dies!
You get 29,xxx,xxx experience points (19,xxx,xxx group bonus)!

Group bonus rules. :)

G

Gabrial

Spread the word then people!

Not enough people realise how usefull we are :)

Users who are viewing this thread