Plz

T

Trinilim

Anyone else ignoring people that say 'plz'? Imo it's basically saying 'I can't be arsed to type out please because what I want is something you should give me anyway'. Just curious as to opinions... and I'm bored out of my mind :)

C

Crazygimp

huh ? we get ignored for saying plz nowa days?

i'm so used to saying plz i allmost don't know how to type please anymore, plz is a common short word. like brb or fo :p
if u ignore pll for that u suck :p

A

Archeon

plz is an acronym, i thought everyone knew that? originally used by tibetten munks it was stolen from them in the great barber war of '56 by the polish who later sold it to the americans for half a pound of ripe cheese and a horses testicle.

From there Mythic brought the rights to use it and introduced it into the DAoC community via the team leaders. Geez, i thought everyone know that. Guess i was wrong...

A

Apathy

If it's an acronym then what do the letters stand for?

~yawn~

a.

A

Archeon

Originally posted by Apathy
If it's an acronym then what do the letters stand for?

~yawn~

a.

Plioing Lipshites Zebra, its a prayer wishing death and destruction on the person you speak it to, god some people are so slow its almost painful :rolleyes:

K

Kagato.

I generally ignore people that use it, specially if there begging for something.

A

Aule Valar

generally go for pls, equally lazy, but less pointless zzzzing, thankfully no x or l33t sp3ak involved

T

Trinilim

Originally posted by Crazygimp
huh ? we get ignored for saying plz nowa days?

i'm so used to saying plz i allmost don't know how to type please anymore, plz is a common short word. like brb or fo :p
if u ignore pll for that u suck :p

as I said, if someone says one of the following terms or something of the like, I ignore them:

"gold plz"
"rez plz"
"join plz"
"can I group plz"
"can u help me a sec plz"
"money plz"
"buffs plz"

I know very well that "plz" means please, but if you can't be arsed to type "please" and be polite, then I can't be arsed to do the favor for you :p

H

hint

same goes for Thx

for crying out loud if you want to say thanks but can't be arsed to type it out say Ta. at least that is an actual expresion of thanks used by people with more than 2 brain cells.

S

skile

How can you dislike someone saying plz (kindly, please)? How in earth can you dislike such a thing.

Ofcourse, the new communication era means easier "words". However, when/if it starts coming up in serious articles by serious people I will raise my hand.

T

Trinilim

like this:

"plz giv gold"

"rez plz"

"join plz"

"lfg plz"

"buffs plz"

ok, now take all these, multiply the amount they're said by 5, and you've got the /sends I get all day.

Ofc, as a scout I can see how you wouldn't understand.

-edit-: ofc, if u lik ppl tlking lik this, thats ur opinon, i just dont lik it, and it anois the fek out of me, so plz min ur pwn buisness

T

thorwyntf

So if I`m getting you right, if all those people /send:

"Give me gold please"

"Rezz me please"

"May I join please"

"I´m looking for group please"

"Buff me please"

(of course, the ammount of those sentences multiplied by 5 since you´re such a wanted lvl 50 Friar) instead of using the ignorant and illiterate acronym/abbreviation "plz", everything would be perfectly ok for you?

S

skile

"Ofc, as a scout I can see how you wouldn't understand."

What do you mean?

O

old.shotgunstow

Originally posted by Tilda
i ignore people who say plz generally.

:)

Tilda

No you don't, you clicked the post...that means you don't ignore them.

Originally posted by Kagato.
I generally ignore people that use it, specially if there begging for something.

Same goes for you :)

A

Apathy

People who say "Excuse me, but can I trouble you for a ~whatever~, kind sir?" are just as bad. Fucking whores!

Begging is begging, whether you do it in the style of Prince Charles or not.

a.

G

g0ldenbone

yep, hate it (plz that is). And if someone does ask me a question, even for money, prince charles style, I'll quite often give if its funny enough (i.e. proper and longwinded enough).

T

Tranquil-

I don't say plz, thx, I say please, thanks.

But that people go as far as ignoring people who do, is even lamer than doing it.

B

bob007

Originally posted by Trinilim
Anyone else ignoring people that say 'plz'? Imo it's basically saying 'I can't be arsed to type out please because what I want is something you should give me anyway'. Just curious as to opinions... and I'm bored out of my mind :)

"Imo" ?
can't be arsed to type out In my opinion ?

as I said, if someone says one of the following terms or something of the like, I ignore them:

"gold plz"
"rez plz"
"join plz"
"can I group plz"
"can u help me a sec plz"
"money plz"
"buffs plz"
I know very well that "plz" means please, but if you can't be arsed to type "please" and be polite, then I can't be arsed to do the favor for you

No you never, you said ......

like this:

"plz giv gold"

"rez plz"

"join plz"

"lfg plz"

"buffs plz"

ok, now take all these, multiply the amount they're said by 5, and you've got the /sends I get all day.

Ofc, as a scout I can see how you wouldn't understand.

-edit-: ofc, if u lik ppl tlking lik this, thats ur opinon, i just dont lik it, and it anois the fek out of me, so plz min ur pwn buisness

"Ofc" ?
can't be arsed to type out Of course ?

I'm bored out of my mind

Indeed you must have been.

As a cleric and a friar i can understand what your getting at, But a simply polite "No sorry, I don't have time/sparechange/conc points at this time" Can be better then ignoring. Also if you grouped turn sends off, you,ve no need for em.

A

Aule Valar

newbies screamning for eb :s

of course you can have an eb sir, and then they whine that the actually want the decent damage adds, muppets

L

loxleyhood

Someone saying plz is at least being polite, and politeness costs nothing as my Grandfather used to say, although its one of the rarest commodities on the internet, just after intelligence.......

G

Galiryn

/macro gold /s giv gold %t

/macro buff /s buff me plz %t

/macro pl /s plz pl me %t

missing anything?

A

Asup

Tbh i dont see the problem of all theese abreviations, in my "young" days i just asked if I was unsure what they meant... then i got most of them... not all but enough to understand what they were getting at. By using theese commonly used ones i got a sense of blending in, which in 95% of the time is correct (out of the top of my head :) ). In other words theese words grew to be second nature... just like typing /g or /gu in messenger after 10 hrs of DAOC gaming.

So can you tell me Trinilim..... that you have never used any of theese abreviations ? Ohh i forgot imo,... just a slip m8... any else ?

Maybe its a form of elitism I havent catched onto yet,... just like the early days of DAOC was when every1 was wondering what the heck that LMFAO actually meant but dared not ask,.. because they might look down on you for not knowing that...

Theese things creep up on us...... just a thought....

Asup the "sword and board" man

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom