Plz Help Me (i Think Im Fuked)

D

duzic

Guys i realy need ur help im not 2 good with all the PC crap so kinda need help so here it goes

Well i thought i would try download foundations as the crappy servers are down but as im on crappy Dialup isp i get kicked every 2hours which kinda leaves me feked. so i started 2download foundations i get half way there and i get kicked off. so i think no prob just reconnect and will start from where i left off but no i have 2 start the download all over again so theres no way im ever gonna be able to download it :( no housing for me and guessing most peeps gonna be spending alot of time there so im all alone :(

any ideas how i can get round this or im i just feked?

realy appretiate ur help

C

corel

there are some programs that will allow you to resume a download, only one i can think of is Getright (think it was called that), im sure that there are other ones you can use but this is the only one i can think of

D

duzic

thx for help guys downloading it now hope it works. so will i need start the download again now or will it recover the download i did before?

B

bob007

Should be a resume download button, Just click that. often on a right click menu or lights up when you left click the download.

S

svartmetall

Or you could get last month's PC Gamer (or possibly the one before that) which had the whole thing on the covermount DVD.

:)

K

keela is

Getright, Gozilla, Download Accelerator Plus...

Use --Crazy Browser--, u can set all that kinda stuff up if u wanna have a temp directory where it saves stuff...

D

duzic

k i dont have a clue what im doing i downloaded getright installed and now im just downloading it again with a diffenrent download box that says options pause and cancel how the hell do i get back the half of the download i already done?

L

legaoniel.old

dl

You probably can't get back the one you already lost, mate - but when you drop connection after 2 hours of the one you're currently dowloading, reconnect to the net and then click on resume - it'll carry on from where it left off.

D

duzic

can i turn me PC off and come back 2 the download 2morrow?

D

duzic

so can i shut down me PC and come back 2 it 2morrow? or would i have 2 start all over again?

C

chretien

I bet there's a help function in that program which answers those questions.
For what it's worth you can usually halt a download and come back where you left off as long as you're getting exactly the same file from exactly the same place as before.

T

tripitaka

Originally posted by duzic
so can i shut down me PC and come back 2 it 2morrow? or would i have 2 start all over again?

If you want to turn off your PC - it will have kept the part that has downloaded so far, so yes, you can continue it tomorrow.

<edit> i can't spell 'turn'.

T

Tilda

if you wait till tomorrow the DAoC patcher allows you to resume too.

G

gribleymonkey

and get it fixed so tht u dont get kicked after 2 hrs becuase tht ruines the game when ur in a good grp

D

duzic

nice idea gribleymonkey but the only way to do that is to get cable ect and im a poor student to thats a no no :)

N

NetNifty

Originally posted by Tilda
if you wait till tomorrow the DAoC patcher allows you to resume too.

Housing won't be on the patcher as its an "expansion pack" and optional.

O

old.tuppe

Opera browser has this same option, stop download and continue later, built in.
works same way as getright
(hope not familiar to goa´s famous rightnowmaybenextyearornever?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom