plz help a lil noob

Elcain

Fledgling Freddie
Bah im a noob right im trying to get this ui to work
this
SS
i made a a folder in toa called ui in side that one called custom and in that pasted all the ui stuff but when i select it in options its still the toa one :( what am i doing wrong or is it not compatable with hib?

Iskander

Fledgling Freddie
Elcain said:
Bah im a noob right im trying to get this ui to work
this
SS
i made a a folder in toa called ui in side that one called custom and in that pasted all the ui stuff but when i select it in options its still the toa one :( what am i doing wrong or is it not compatable with hib?

There should already be a UI folder in the TOA directory, at least there was one for me.
you just copy the files directly in the custom Directory.
Start DAOC, go to character selection screen and there choose options.
Set the Skin (or interface) option to custon (default is TOA I think).

You might have copied the files into a subfolder in the custom folder? All the custom files ought to be directly in the custom map. I know when I extracted the new skin it created a subfolder...

P.S. it's Please help a little newbie player ..

Elcain

Fledgling Freddie
Iskander said:
There should already be a UI folder in the TOA directory, at least there was one for me.
you just copy the files directly in the custom Directory.
Start DAOC, go to character selection screen and there choose options.
Set the Skin (or interface) option to custon (default is TOA I think).

You might have copied the files into a subfolder in the custom folder? All the custom files ought to be directly in the custom map. I know when I extracted the new skin it created a subfolder...

P.S. it's Please help a little newbie player ..

i think i deleted the UI folder a min ago by accedient :/
any way now i have a new UI folder and i copied the ui which was allready in a folder called Custom and still no luck when i sellect the option it goes to the toa interface :(

Elcain

Fledgling Freddie
done now i made a folder in UI called UI forgetting i was allready in the folder called UI :twak:

Eroa

Banned
Elcain said:
done now i made a folder in UI called UI forgetting i was allready in the folder called UI :twak:

They Folder in UI has to be named Custom or it wont show.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
You should have this:

C:\ToA\ui\custom

This is where you extract your files to, however, is you end up with

C:\ToA\ui\custom\custom

Then the files you extracted are in the wrong folder, go to the last custom folder, and drag n drop all the files into the first one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom