PL'ing with Necro

O

old.Tyraette

Just out of interest, a conversation came up tonight that I didnt have a clue as to the answer.

If you started with a /level 20 char, and pl'd with a deathsight necro, how long would you expect it to take to hit 50 with him? <assuming you could stand the boredom;)> in terms of /played?

Struck me that I have absolutely no idea whether its a matter of days, weeks, month etc. Yes I know I'm a noob, but it took me 50days to get Shaeffer there, I dont know much about these things :D

Any clue?

B

Belsameth

if you have a buff bot as well it'll probably be very, very fast.
ie. 2 days or similar...

O

old.Tyraette

really?

erm. thats obscene heh

btw nice sig Bels, my favourite line from Blake also

D

Danya

2-3 days I think, below 40 it's about 30 mins per level. Gets slower above 40 though.

G

Graknak

.. assuming you actually got a good necro spot, like Barrows or White Lights..... bad spots significantly increases the time needed to get the same result

C

cHodAX

My Necro did 20-50 in 3 days 4 hours with cleric buffs, that might seem higher than others but I exped with a lower level necro for 11 levels and stopped exping at 45 to get rr2 for the realm abilities. 6 days seems to be average unbuffed.

C

Cavex ElSaviour

seem to loose the most time with traveling, and casting pet when you have quit out of boredom

S

SoulFly Amarok

All necros can just foad from full group exping grounds imo.

Getting pissed.

T

the_smurflord

Originally posted by SoulFly Amarok

Getting pissed.

One of the real headaches is trying to find a full exping group that has a clue what their doing these days. It's no wonder people want to be less dependant on others. Shame really.

A

Addlcove

Originally posted by SoulFly Amarok

Getting pissed.

I have an ickle 21 necro or something.. whenever people that are going to exp "ordinary" arrive at the spot I´m pulling I´ll move, necroes has an advantage, that doesn´t mean we should all be arses

G

Goryk

Out of interest, why does everyone say it takes longer to pl unbuffed than buffed?? Everything decent to kill for powerlevelling I'm capping on anyways, and when I take damage, the enxt pull gets it back so con isn't a problem. I've never noticed any speed increase when powerlevelling my cleric over lets say an inf. Must be to do with the Ra's I have I guess... Then again, I've seen some people powerlevel really craply with necros down at the entcafe I work, and I didn't think it was possible to do that (dying to 2 yellows! :pPP).

R

Roalith

I've been working on a lil Necro project of my own - 4 days 5 hours played to level 45 without /level command.

However, after level 40 he has virtually never been levelling alone. Always powerlevelling either alt characters from the guild or grouped with the buffbot I am levelling alongside it.

Levelling with buffs on a necro is soooo much easier. Higher dex means a considerably faster cast time on the pet, and int buffs increase the damage per nuke considerably. The con (absorb :p) buffs mean the pet can tank much better too - I have had pets solo tank red con mobs (bear in mind they will be purple to the pet).

As for levelling grounds, Lyonesse is your friend. Danoin fishermen at 41/42 and sailors at level 43/44 can take you right up to level 46 quite fast if you're levelling solo buffed, and then it's on to White Lights or assorted undead mobs in Caldey. There is no need for necros to camp the common spots to hell and back.

C

cHodAX

Originally posted by Goryk
Out of interest, why does everyone say it takes longer to pl unbuffed than buffed?? Everything decent to kill for powerlevelling I'm capping on anyways, and when I take damage, the enxt pull gets it back so con isn't a problem. I've never noticed any speed increase when powerlevelling my cleric over lets say an inf. Must be to do with the Ra's I have I guess... Then again, I've seen some people powerlevel really craply with necros down at the entcafe I work, and I didn't think it was possible to do that (dying to 2 yellows! :pPP).

Much faster casting, full dmg cap and insane melee absorbtion. Asmodean pulled the whole wights room in barrows at once and still won. That is 10+ mobs at once, try it unbuffed ;)

S

Shike

Originally posted by old.cHodAX
Much faster casting, full dmg cap and insane melee absorbtion. Asmodean pulled the whole wights room in barrows at once and still won. That is 10+ mobs at once, try it unbuffed ;)

I counted 12 yellows, some oranges and some blues once when my pet got some hickup and ran around in wightroom aggroing everything, still managed it but came out nearly oop, pulled next with manadrain and could go on, kinda silly class tbh :) This was done with a cleric with 36rej or so for buffs.

W

Wibbler2

I buff a 50 necro with my 50 enh cleric and it can chain reds and solo purples in caldey :)

The only mobs that pose difficult (but still killable) are the lich lords due to their nasty nukes.

N

)nick(

I just dinged 50 with my necro and 46 with my cleric at 6 days /played. Both of them started from 20. The key is to keep your necro always about 4/5 levels above your cleric/alt to maximise the xp.

S

Sajko

Originally posted by Wibbler2
I buff a 50 necro with my 50 enh cleric and it can chain reds and solo purples in caldey :)

The only mobs that pose difficult (but still killable) are the lich lords due to their nasty nukes.

can u do the Ancient Zombies with a relative decent pulling rate?

C

Cybwyn

Ancient Zombies are ok as long as you have good (yellow/red) spec CON buffs because they hit very hard. Zombies range from orange to purple to L50 and can BAF sometimes if there is more than 1 person in the group; so if you pull an orange and a purple BAFs, you could be in trouble but it usually just means that you have to have a bit of downtime.

W

Wibbler2

^^ What Cybwyn said :)

Yeah, the Ancient Zombies are killable, the reds are no problem, the purples are risky, due to the difference in levels / resistances.

T

the_smurflord

Guess me and shaeffer will find out.

and just for the sake of it, a fluffle :fluffle:

Users who are viewing this thread