Pling with a deathservant necro Help Please

Diddledum

Fledgling Freddie
Hi ,

Need advice as having problems with above.

DS Spec 47 servant, 25 sight, FOP bot with capped resists, summoning suit

My tactic is as follows

1) Cast red resist
2) Cast dmg shield
3) Put pet on passive
4) Pull a bunch of mobs using aoe level 2 painworking spell
5) Bring back to fop
6) Put pet on defensive
7) Cast facilitate painworking
Cast several pbaoes
Redo dmg shield
Rinse and repeat

The problem i have is as follows

When I do my first painworking 7) i often cant hear it go or am not sure if it fires straight away... consequently i press pbaoe several times as im not sure when it kicks in. Sometimes i get 2 pbaoes off (yay), sometimes only 1 , sometimes none.

I want to get 2 off *every* time in the first round has anyone a failsafe tactic for doing this...

More often than not i get 2 off going forward as painworking comes up again.

Pls give detailed help as im wasting a lot of time not getting my intial 2 pbaeos off :// (more often than not i only get 1 or none off)

Thanks!!

Kenniii

Fledgling Freddie
The trick im using on the quickcast spell is to have pet on passive, and when you want to quickcast, you attack one of the targets with the pet and when you see the pet swing you press quickcast and start pbaeing.

That does the trick for me :)

Danamyr

Fledgling Freddie
I don't play Servant spec myself, but use FP for Sight spells in RVR so the principle is the same.

1. Try and keep the pet in passive while AOE debuff pulling.

2. Sprint back to FOP and as mobs approach the Abom hit PB twice. Then put pet on defensive.

3. Watch for the Abom swinging, then hit FP and immediately hit one PB. Once the Abom starts to cast the first PB hit PB again and repeat for a 3rd attempt.

HTH.

Siac

Fledgling Freddie
Pull mobs (Painworking AOE thing aye)
if pet is on passive hit Damage Shield while mobs are inc.
Once mobs are 'on' the pet...

1) Command Pet to attack one of your targets
2) When pet swings - hit FP
3) Double Hit PBAOE
4) wait until 1st PBAOE goes off, Hit Damage Shield
5) on second PBAOE Hit HoT
6) watch TV until FP reactive (c. 20 secs) ;)
7) repeat...

(I think thats how i do it!)

pbaz

Fledgling Freddie
Siac said:
1) Command Pet to attack one of your targets
2) When pet swings - hit FP
3) Double Hit PBAOE

This would not work as the spell queue only holds 2 spells, so you would push your FP out of the queue and you'd get 2 failed PBAOE attempts.

Danamyr gives the correct method:

1 - Pet to attack.
2 - After pet swings, hit FP and then one PBAOE.
3 - As pet starts to cast this first PBAOE, cast the 2nd PBAOE.

Of course, if you build a decent fighting suit (+101 dex in it) and have a 50 enh-bot (likely, since you say you're casting the red healproc) you should be able to fit 3 PBAOE's in per FP. Makes farming even faster.

Dwynyth

Fledgling Freddie
I have a servant also but i picked up the casting really fast. :)
In any case i think the above insturctions are ok. Another advice is put your sound up so you can hear the qk go off. If your good necro and BB has 25% buff bonus you can get 3 aoe off every time.
Just practise. Wish you best of luck with it m8. :clap:

Tijl

Loyal Freddie
Can do 3 casts with FP with yellow bufs as well, 40e 36r, with all stats capped ofcourse.

They've worked well on necro's btw, if you misscast (= it doesn't go off), the lost power will be restored. And if you fail your FP.. it will reset.
www.camelotherald.com to read the latest patchnotes in US. Takes some months to show up in europe thou.

rampant

Can't get enough of FH
to get the 79% abs on the abom, u need to use red capped buffs - dont bother with Spec AF as it doesnt add owt to the abom. dont forget that there is no cap on buffs the abom (or any other pet) gets.

to get 3*FP's off reliably, ensure that you have got a 101 dex suit (try for a 380 dex) , and do some RVR to get your WP / MOM levels up a bit

zeusmdk

Fledgling Freddie
1 thing that helps to fully buff yourself before you summon your pet with str and con as these transfer to your pet and get a good summoning suit by good i mean 101 con and 400 hp and 101 str then switch suits to your casting suit which should have 101 dex 101int capped melee resists 10%casting speed

dont worry about your casting suit being at 70% or magic skill to much as your fight suit will be back at 70% and have +0 to magic skills after 4 to 5 pulls (i mean servant necro pulls 20+ yellow mobs)

arties as a servant necro tarts staff is nice for the + to spell damage (you cant use the mlc charge as a shade though)

these are just some tips you can find loads more on the GnD servant necro guide here

hope some of that helps

Shotoken

Fledgling Freddie
Just +CON and +HITS from ur suit is transferd to ur pet, not the base con/hits or buffs so... u dont need to buff urself before cast it :eek7:

Siac

Fledgling Freddie
Sorry, mine was indeed bollox... /blush
So much easier to 'do' than describe :(

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Shotoken said:
Just +CON and +HITS from ur suit is transferd to ur pet, not the base con/hits or buffs so... u dont need to buff urself before cast it :eek7:

This guy is right, buffing yourself before casting is just wasting valuable exp time.
Buff yourself with str so you can carry your l33t lewt home tho!

pinkey

Fledgling Freddie
i dont have speakers on when casting my facilitate pain and pbaoe, i just cast it and recast the pbaoe when the abom has blue glowy things in his hands, can usually get 3 off in 1 go. i also use 2 suits one with con and hits maxed for when i buff myself and cast my pet then i change to the other when i drop my buffs and buff my pet which has dex and melee resists capped. i dont know if any of this makes any difference but its one character i can play without dying every 2mins :)

pbaz

Fledgling Freddie
pinkey said:
i dont have speakers on when casting my facilitate pain and pbaoe, i just cast it and recast the pbaoe when the abom has blue glowy things in his hands

Same here. Pretty easy to get the timing once you know when to fire the FP in the first place. ;)

i also use 2 suits one with con and hits maxed for when i buff myself and cast my pet then i change to the other when i drop my buffs and buff my pet which has dex and melee resists capped. i dont know if any of this makes any difference

Having two suits helps. As stated above, buffing yourself before casting your pet is just a waste of time. Buffed stats don't transfer from the shade to the pet, just bonuses from your items do.

zeusmdk

Fledgling Freddie
Shotoken said:
mmm tested this a while ago by hitting my pet in a dual with out buffing my self and buffing my self

test results showed that if i buffed my self my pet had about 450 more hp but it was a while ago now and there has been some patch's so may be its changed but ill do tests again

test worked like this

pet on 100% 1 DD
amount DD hit for ie say 500
% pet is on now ie 85%
hp= (500 / 15) x 100

Zagg

Fledgling Freddie
Buffing yourself before you summon your pet does nothing.

Whatever your tested and how (i didn't quite understand it), your conclusion was wrong.

pbaz

Fledgling Freddie
zeusmdk said:
test worked like this

pet on 100% 1 DD
amount DD hit for ie say 500
% pet is on now ie 85%
hp= (500 / 15) x 100

Fine, but you need to compare that with what happened when you didn't buff yourself.

You'll also need to repeat the test often enough to get a good read on the variance of your DD (unless your DD has zero variance, ofc).

I think you may have made a mistake in your tests (maybe resist buffs being cast when you were buffing yourself, but not when you didn't buff yourself?) because base hits/con have never transferred to the pet AFAIK.

Please share any further test results you get if it looks like your buffs are having an effect on pet HP. :cheers:

Technodave

One of Freddy's beloved
Buffs dont xfer stats to yea pet like the items do(yes i have tested this)
So u need a summ suit 101 con 400 hits (Toughness also up's ur pets hits)

To get 3 pbaoe's of u need a least 350 dex when buffed in ur resist's suit,
also u need to understand how the necro works.
When u spam spells thats when it gets messy u need to hit Qcast when u have no other spells lined up b4 and just after the pet swings

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom