please remove the falling towers flash from goas hp.

VampiiricMist

Fledgling Freddie
please mr goa-man-chief.. please remove the annoying flash-animation on yer homepage, or atleast remove the goddamn sound from it.. annoying that every time i wanna check for news i get the sound of a tower-falling+alot of drums.. :(

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
VampiiricMist said:
please mr goa-man-chief.. please remove the annoying flash-animation on yer homepage, or atleast remove the goddamn sound from it.. annoying that every time i wanna check for news i get the sound of a tower-falling+alot of drums.. :(

agree... surfing in on that page at work with alot of people around=bad :)

Nausilus^^

Can't get enough of FH
hah, couldn't agree more tbh.. :) I try to restrict my use of the site for account management only, where I quickly click the link and close the other window before the crash sound starts.. kind of annoying in the long run though.

Fenderon

Can't get enough of FH
Got to love the AdBlock pluginextensionthingy for Firefox :D

Pohjan Poika

Fledgling Freddie
Nausilus^^ said:
hah, couldn't agree more tbh.. :) I try to restrict my use of the site for account management only, where I quickly click the link and close the other window before the crash sound starts.. kind of annoying in the long run though.

thank god you dont have a very fast connection then, once the sie is loaded (even before the browser loads the new text) the tower stuff come up..

but cant agree more REMOVE the 1.75 add from the page.

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
Of course the real problem here is expecting there to be any news :p

gillan

Fledgling Freddie
Javai said:
Of course the real problem here is expecting there to be any news :p

They could write some news about removing bad the flash thingie, or make a poll about it...

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Gets a thumbs up from me too.

Keep the flashy stuff to the nice pretty home page :)

Wazkyr

One of Freddy's beloved
cant agree more, on 3mbit the flash loads before ANYTHING else on the homepage, hence making the rest go slower, its half way done with the sound spam when it start displaying the text, i almost stopped tjekking for news becous of this majorly anoying sound, and god damn its loud

Chilly

Balls of steel
oh come on fingo, the goa webby is exactly what websites should NOT be. Reliant on 3rd party plugins for much of the content and slow loading, looks ugly as hell with flash turned off and generally shit to navigate.

Skaven

One of Freddy's beloved
Don't mind the flash so much, just the sound knocks you off your chair if your playing your music or just alt-tabbed out of cam.

Ning

Fledgling Freddie
Chilly said:
oh come on fingo, the goa webby is exactly what websites should NOT be. Reliant on 3rd party plugins for much of the content and slow loading, looks ugly as hell with flash turned off and generally shit to navigate.

most of MMORG website are like that. The worst are the Everquest websites.

Cozak

Part of the furniture
Ning said:

True :) Many years ago when i played EQ on 56k if i wanted to check website could go to site, go make a sandwich, have a cup of tea, come back and the site would just be loaded :p

Fenderon

Can't get enough of FH
I dislike any website that use sounds. It's bloody annoying.

GOAs webby is ok now.. blocked the 1.75 ad :)

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
I like it, makes me smile when I think of that "Caution - Crashing server" parody :D

Herjulf

Banned
i second that, pls remove it. OR make it mutable, and so it remembers that u muted it the next time u visit the site.

Because each time i visit the site at work, there is a RRRRUMBLE CRASHELIBANGFNURRIPLUTT and ppl watch me funnily wondering wtf i am doing on the computer.

Wazkyr

One of Freddy's beloved
well, im using firefox, and it blocks popups, but dont dont know to block that flash clip

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Ning said:

most MMOG's i play does NOT have that much flash crap on their site.

WoW does not. PS does not. GW doesent have it at all afaik. CoH doesent have it either.

companys use flash to make the game "cooler" ive noticed. or have some intern uni student there that feels like bragging.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Flimgoblin said:
it's a nifty animation - but I guess they could put a "play" button on it instead so that it doesn't fall down till you click.

there IS a play button. problem is it only appears AFTER the first sequence :)

givf a stop button more.

GReaper

Part of the furniture
Another Mozilla Firefox plugin, FlashBlock, Flash animations only play once you click on them.

Adblock is supposedly working on the same functionality.

Evergrey

Fledgling Freddie
Ctuchik said:
most MMOG's i play does NOT have that much flash crap on their site.

WoW does not. PS does not. GW doesent have it at all afaik.

WoW has a new flash animation every week ffs. Annonucing some new bullshit upgrade on their already useless shitty PvP battleground or improvements xD.

if people dislike flash that mucth, just disengage it in IE or whatever program you use to surf the web with.

:drink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom