Please help

R

raptor-racer

I used to play cs lots when I had an isdn line then when I went back to a modem I stopped playing for obvious reasons. I now have adsl and want to start playing again. However I cant coz everytime I log onto a server and start to play, the graphics are all messed up big time eg breaking up freezing, blurring, I could go on. I have downloaded the latest patches, gfx card drivers and all other updates etc. I have done loads of different settings in the config settings but it refuses to work. This happens on any server. All my other games eg Quake 3, unreal tourny etc work fine. I have also re-installed the game. Half life works fine when I play that in single player on my own. I am sure it is down to something in the config somwhere but I can't put my finger on it. I've messed with the rates, cmdrates, updaterates etc. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers, Rich

D

Deady

If you are running Halflife in Direct3d, try OpenGL.

Its in the graphics options somewhere.

R

raptor-racer

Hi
Well bugger me it works fine now in open gl. This is about the only option I never changed. I'm sure I used to run it in d3d but what the hell, it works very well in gl. Nice n' smooth. Now lets tweak some more and get that ping down some more. I'm getting about 35-60 at the mo. Is this what I should expect for an adsl 512 connection?
Thanks very much for your rapid reply Deady :)
Cheers, Rich

A

-adz-

Depends what server, but 35-50 is the norm for adsl

C

Ch3tan

You used to run it in d3d? I really doubt that, but if you did and you were bad at least you have a valid excuse :)

F

Faeldawn

Originally posted by -adz-
Depends what server, but 35-50 is the norm for adsl

Try opening up the netgraph option, loss may be the problem (if there is one)

W

|WarpiG|

get the natural selection mod, its much better than cs =)

/me waits for abuse

D

Deadmanwalking

U abuse him .. i rip ur bollocks off and feed em to ... DEADY!

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom