Please help w/ BWAdmin for Quake2 Freeze

• Thread starter old.hankerforcheese
  • Start date
O

old.hankerforcheese

Hello,

I'm having a heck of a time getting BWAdmin to run for Freeze tag. I get an error: "ERROR LOADING DLL" from the gamei386.real.so file. It's on a Linux server and I have used the install script _and_ tried manually copying the gamei386.so to the gamei386.real.so file. I have looked all over the web, the faqs, and forums to no avail. The only think I can think of is that the Freeze mod's gamei386.so file needs to be recompiled under Linux? However, the mod does work without bWAdmin so maybe that dog won't hunt. I've tried other gamei386.so files with BWadmin and they seemed to work. Now I just have to get Freeze to work. Any help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!

M

Manic Miner

u need to load the mod lazily. don't know if that feature is available in bw-admin.

use q2admin, it's got better bot protection anyway.

regards,
manic miner

O

old.hankerforcheese

Tried Q2Admin

Thanks for the info. I've changed to Q2Admin, but unfortunately, it does the same thing. What do you mean by lazily loading the mod?

M

Manic Miner

look through the config file (q2admin.txt). there's one entry in there that's says something about lazy loads the mod's gamei386.so.

i'm pretty sure you could just do a search on lazy or Lazy and you'll find the entry i mean.

change it to "Yes" :)

works fine for my freezetag server at 195.149.21.38:27920

regards,
manic miner

O

old.hankerforcheese

It Worked!

That was exactly the problem Manic. Many great thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom