Please Help Sirs

E

extreme_storm

Please Help Me Sirs
ok i have got my own new server from you and it is great,and fast so good i had to make it have 4 private places so i could get on it and play anyway the prob i got is how do you put commands into the rcon panel,if i type a command it comes up in the game as message ??? do i have to log into the rcon panel or something like that to command it ?? if i launch the rcon panel on my desktop and play it works ok. hummmm maybe i am missing something here.

THANKS ALL FOR HELPING.

M

mike-c

To use rcon commands in-game you must prefix the command with a /, otherwise it shows as a message.

Also if you make a typo it shows as a message.

go into the server, and access the console (` by default)

/rconpassword <password>

then you can use rcon like:

/rcon say this is a test
/rcon set scr_motd "sample motd message"

etc...

Hope that helps. ;)

E

extreme_storm

Thanks

Thanks for the help all,looks like i need to find my brain again :) ahhh there it is,anyway its all working now, and thats down to you lot,very very very nice peeps.

B

bunn

Oo some good things there :) I wondered how to set the MOTD. One thing has elluded me however. How do I stop a demo? I start one with /record 'demoname' but can't turn it off.

B

bunn

OMG how obvious was that? :p

Thanks, works a treat!

B

bunn

What do you guys use as a remote admin tool? I've been fiddling with Autokick, which works okay with CoD and another one, which although runs well has some slight problems, one being you can't change the bloody messages displayed on the server, doh!

M

mike-c

I just use rcon commands, from in-game or using ASE if i'm not in the server.

If there any are specific things you need a hand with lemme know here or ask in #game.cod

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom