Please help, cant decide on classes :(

Athinz

Fledgling Freddie
hey i decided i might aswell make a pryd char since i got bugger all there. hib or alb seein as i play mid excal, tho i hav no clue wot class i wanna make :(

someone give me idea's, dont give me links to some crap i just want opinions on wot is better than wot etc :)

pls no nightshades/sb's/necro's :)

xavierdhorne@hotmail.com

:wub:

mirieth!

Banned
just roll something that appeals to you.. assuming you have a level 50 on excal, the /level 20 will give you the opportunity to give every hib/alb class a go with at least a rough idea of what it's like.

if you don't find something that _you_ want to play then what's the point? :eek:

Athinz

Fledgling Freddie
ok, i'm lookin for a caster class alb or hib :) i just want ppl's opinions of

enchanter
animist
eldritch
mentalist
theurgist
cabalist
wizard
sorcerer

mirieth!

Banned
Athinz said:

enchanter
animist
eldritch
mentalist
theurgist
cabalist
wizard
sorcerer

can't comment on the hib casters as i haven't played any at high-level etc. as i'm an alb xD but..

theurgist, good utility caster and group friendly if specced earth, good nuker if air. un-cc'able bolt range pets.. ouch.

cabalist, fotm!
sorcerer, fotm! :eek:

wizard, very 1-dimensional nuker but good at the job i guess xE

Vindicator

One of Freddy's beloved
Athinz said:

enchanter
animist
eldritch
mentalist
theurgist
cabalist
wizard
sorcerer

Enchanter- Great class to Pve with whether you solo or grp! In RvR every grp has at least 1 and some groups run more than 1 ofc. Very powerful still after heat debuff nerf duration and spec lvl change!

Mentalist's- Depends on spec, in NF a Mana spec'd mentalist will make a killing in rvr with all dem 10% matter Toa templates out there ^^. If you got light / mana you will be an excellent solo'er for PvE and a strong nuker in RvR. Depends how serious your guild / grp is. Some nice RA's 2

Theurgist- A good theurgist is the difference between winning and losing. with your huge range for pets you have a great advantage while also giving the grp pbt and eb/haste which tanks will wet them self's for. In PvE your a very good solo'er, can do purples pretty easy but long down time if no fop or crack ^^.

A Caba- Great debuff nuker with a pretty ubah pet which will piss ppl off to no end in rvr. For PvE you have great heals for your uber buffed pet and can deal quite an amount of damage with your debuffed lifetap while also having unlimited power recycle through your pet ;).

Sorc- Prob 1 of albs best charcs. A full mind spec means you will get groups even if its only to nuke with your overpowered lvl 50 base lifetap ^^ and if your good you will get constant pm floods :p. As body spec you can nuke bloody hard and be a debuffer in a ice/fire wizz grp also. A body sorc is also an excellent solo charc for rvr as you get blue aoe mezz, crack, aoe root, DD, a low lvl pet. speed. reduction in mezz dura. Lots of excellent stuff :D.

Other class's I havent played lots to comment but have tried an Ice wizz recently. No utility but played correctly in a good grp there fun. caba/sorc >>>>>>>> any wiz by far thou.

My advice would be a Body Sorc if you go Alb or a Mana Eld if you go hib. Reason I say Eld and not chanter is because the Eld will always be viable no matter the spec because they are the primary caster of hib + that aoe str/con debuff is evul xD

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
enchanter- One of the best casters in the game.
animist- Good if you enjoy taking part in keeptakes a lot, they do not seem to get groups much.
eldritch- Brilliant caster, light spec they can nuke hard and use nearsight xE
mentalist- Decent caster but doesn't get groups much due to elds/chanters utlity.
theurgist- Best alb caster in my view if played good, petspam wins fights.
cabalist- Always was a good caster, funny how come people just realise this ^^, debuffs own damage, kind of similar to chanter but can't spec pbaoe but has aoe dot instead, most go for debuff nuke spec(spirit).
wizard- If fire spec they can nuke insanely hard with a body sorc, bolts are very good too, but again a decent caster that doesn't get groups due to other casters utility without people looking at the damage the class can do with a body sorc.
sorcerer- Seems a fun class, if you go mind though your role is VERY dependant on your groups outcomes in rvr and body is nice for debuffing/nuking.

They all run really...but if you going to go hib i suggest a light eld(spec mana for lving), if alb then theurgist perhaps.

Zapsi

Fledgling Freddie
Hib casters all gets group tho Animist is the less popular maybe it will change in NF.
Chanter main debuffer interupter + pet + speed can solo some.
Mana eld seems to become less popular as u allways depended on MA no ways of soloing really.
Light eld NS Dex/qui dex debuff spec nuker
Mentalist looking at RAs for NF I would pick that :clap:

Caby +theurg good casters but top line alb will be sorz in NF looking at RAs imo.

Sad but i swap them all for a BD the ML line for BD + the RAs for NF seems to be to good to be true.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Sorcerer is, to my mind, the most fun and flexible caster class on your list. After that I would say light eld is good fun and very groupable in RvR and PvE.

haarewin

Fledgling Freddie
Vindicator said:
Mentalist's- Depends on spec, in NF a Mana spec'd mentalist will make a killing in rvr with all dem 10% matter Toa templates out there ^^.

nope, mentalist dot's are energy damage.

on topic- have a go at a few classes and see what you like.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Alb - Theurgist without a doubt, you have a role in both PvE/RvR. Pets/PBT/Buffs/Root/DD's combined make it fun to play and much in demand if you can master it.

Flippant Desires

Fledgling Freddie
Athinz said:

Everyone is going to have 'their' opinion, and a lot of that comes down to your play-style.

Enchanter
Light for nukes, but if you have some guts, go Mana for pbaoe. Groups will love you for pbaoe - in fact on prydwen everyone expects chanters to have mana spec.

Animist - personally i think they're a fun class to play :) Loads of fun in pve, never got to rvr tho with my animist.

Eldritch - huge amount of utility spells and greater freedom over spec choice - far too many casters are 'limited' to 1 spec for pve or 1 for rvr.

Mentalist - lot like Sorcs imo for their spell choices, but their role in groups is totally different. pve tends to be healing (via HoTs) and cracks while RvR = strong single line nukers.

Theurgist = get to rvr and you'll enjoy the class. But pve is just afk pbt bot, which is just naff :(

Cabalist - come into their own in rvr, pve doesn't seem that interesting (i.e. groups would prefer a stronger nuker). Like chanters, their rvr spec allows them to debuff their own baseline nukes. But unlike chanters, they at least have a wider choice of spec.

Wizard - prolly go for Ice spec. Fire is ok, but I think groups will love you for ice pbaoe. They do lack utility tho - no debuffs, disease etc....but that's because there are more casters in alb...so it all gets 'shared' around.

Sorcerer = easy to get groups...but only if there's no other sorc :) If you want to control rvr, then they're a great choice since they are the main alb mezz class. Think pve is easy going, you'll go oop damn quick (starting to think theirs a bug there), but come rvr Sorcs are the top caster.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom