please help before it goes back to the store

O

old.Tyraette

Hi All

Recently bought 2 copies of the game so my father and i can play on our network &/or the net however, shortly after starting it i noticed something muchly irritating

why is it that if my father talks to an npc, he gets the conversation as per normal. if I talk to the same npc i get a welcome back conversation...yet he has never spoken to me before!

I've missed key conversation elements because of this...glitch, and in one case (early on the prelude section) my father talked to the guy who runs the tutorial on lvling up....he got the bonus exp and was able to do it , whereas i got no exp, and was told 'you havent lvled yet, you can only leave this room once youve lvled'!

am i missing something blatantly obvious like an option somewhere, or is this just the way it is? weve tried coop on bg1 and 2 before, with exactly the same issues.

Has anyone else experienced this on net play also? we spotted it within 5-10 mins of playing, yet 5 yrs of development apparently missed it?

Frankly, if ive missed out on my lvl because of this, and am likely to do so with remaining quests, then they can give me my money back, because this makes the entire multiplayer game flawed as far as im concerned

thanks in advance for any help

O

old.Cask

No idea about your problem, but I was impressed that you can play your dad at this sort of game :)

My only memories of playing my dad were with Gravity Force 2 on the Amiga, and I used to thrash him so badly that he won't play any games anymore.

I assume you're playing with locally saved chars. Does the same thing happen when the chars are saved on the server? (not sure how to do that though)

X

Xavier

hmm,

I've been experimenting with the toolset and can see how this could happen but before we go into this I've gotta ask this -

are you guys playing MP online or just launching a local server and trying to play the single player co-operatively?

If you're doing the former then it's likely the NPC in the mod on the server isn't scripted quite right, if you're doing the latter then iirc this will happen as the game is geared up for people to solo the single player and learn the system then jaunt into MP with a developed character.

At present the maximum level is 20 - which can easily be attained by the end of the single player - after which questing on servers is more about EQ and loot...

Either way it's possible with scripting to award exp/gold to one person or the entire group but do you expect the NPC to repeat themselves for each player? Doesn't that defeat the object of playing together?

G

granny

What Xav said.

Also the tutorial/prelude is specifically known to be broken in multiplayer - it won't work with more than one person at all.

M

matax

I've just installed the game and for some reason decided to read the 'readme' file (I was bored at work :)) It says in there that the Prelude is designed for single player mode only - chapters 1+ are for MP. Guess this is the problem ?

O

old.Tyraette

cheers for this guys , much appreciated

i guess i was living in dreamworld a little bit with regards to the conversations, i just find it irritating. when playing it online/lan i find it irritating trying to keep pace with that likkle box in the corner, and not being able to make responses myself. i guess from a realism point of view, it would be weird to have the guy repeating himself everytime, but from a gameplay point of view, ive found that guys who have played through it before just skip skip skip..which is muchly irritating as i havent gotten too far into it yet.

the whole prelude thing was the final straw i guess. really annoyed since i found exaclty the same issues in both bg1 and 2 multiplayer, and was hoping that this wouldnt be the case in this one

cheers again :)

B

Bym

Originally posted by old.Cask
No idea about your problem, but I was impressed that you can play your dad at this sort of game :)

My Mum's (47) fave games are Medal of Honour and Castle Wolfenstein, and my Dad's (52) is Serious Sam. Both are currently addicted to DAoC, and I'm sure me and Xav will get them playing NWN at some point in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom