Please help! 2

• Thread starter old.pala hellraiser
  • Start date
O

old.pala hellraiser

Please help!
Ok here goes:

I stopped playing DAoC along time ago, 4-5 months, maybe longer. I have just now renewed my account and got another month placed onto the account, but here is the problem: After uninstalling DAoC a long time back, and Re-Installing it now, the game does not see that I have taken off Shrouded Isles, so, going to the official DAoC webpage (www.camelot-europe.com) I click on 'Account' from here I scroll down to the SI CD-Key entry and punch it in, after this it tells me:
"Shrouded Isles CD-Key already in use!"
So, *sigh*, no DAoC SI yet, so I thought I'd leave the SI Expansion for now. Ok so I do so and go to log in, right Username & Password, as I am connecting to Prydwen server, I get the usual messages, then this pops to me after 'Connecting to Server' I get 'You have not been invited to join this type of server' or something alike, this is really confusing me and I'd like to play DAoC, otherwise I have simply renewed my account and wasted money. Please help.

P.S I tried all servers, uncluding Camlann, I still get the same message.

Any help appreciated, thanks in advance,

-Celaron

(copy n pasted from my post on Technical help)

F

Flimgoblin

look for a C:\Mythic\Camelot directory and not the C:\Mythic\Shrouded Isles - there's two different clients in completely separate directory.

Use the camelot.exe in the Camelot directory - and it should work :)

O

old.pala hellraiser

Thanks I will get my bro to do it in the morning, I don't know all this stuff with computers, (he's in bed), I'm gonna go to sleep now too, I hope this does work but it seems a little simple just for that. As my other account works doing nothing 'non-normal' and this account does not, just gives me the f|_|cked up message.

-Celaron

C

chretien

When you say 'Taken off Shrouded Isles' Do you mean that you uninstalled it and didn't reinstall it on that account?
In your second post you indicate that you have two accounts.
Shrouded Isles is activated per account so if you have one copy of SI which is registered to your other account it won't let you activate the same copy on the second and if you try and log in using that account through the SI client it'll tell you you can't - hence the message you get. The only way is to either login through the classic camelot client (phew) or buy another copy of SI for your second account.

N

-Nxs-

I ended up reinstalling my computer tonight - HDD failed - when it came to DAOC, it was just a matter of

Install Shrouded Isles (dont bother installing classic SI)
Type in the SI cd-key when loading
Patch patch and more patching
Enter login name/pwd and play

Worked a treat :)

W

Whoodoo_RD

Not too sure about this, but worth a shot:

Make sure you have the right CD key, IE the SI one if running SI and the Classic one for the Classic only client. Just a suggestion.

A

Addlcove

Originally posted by Whoodoo_RD
Not too sure about this, but worth a shot:

Make sure you have the right CD key, IE the SI one if running SI and the Classic one for the Classic only client. Just a suggestion.

if you mean on game start it doesn´t matter diddly squad. the "enter cd-key" field doesn´t have to have a cd key in it, just click OK anyways :)

O

old.pala hellraiser

Ok well, my second account has a seperate Shrouded Isles CD-Key :) I asked RightNow they said I should install Shrouded Isles and it should work, so I told them my SI problem, and am awaiting a response.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom