Please givf pryd.net back!

Ayana

Fledgling Freddie
Update!

Managed to get a few spare mins to contact the techs working at the datacentre tonight, and here's the full story:

As I think Banana already told everyone, the aircon system failed and we had to shut down some servers to maintain a decent temperature while the unit got replaced. The server hosting prydwen.net was one of these. When the server was brought back up, the harddrive raid was corrupt and had to rebuild which is normally not a big problem. But! While rebuilding, the primary harddrive failed and the secondary didn't kick in after the reboot as it was supposed to. At this point we sent techs to the datacentre to handle the problem manually. The damage was worse that first suspected however, and apparently the complete raid has now failed and will not even boot up anymore.

We're currently doing a bit-to-bit restore of the raid array and IF it's successfull it will at least last through the night till some point tomorrow, so until then there's no way of knowing how much data is actually lost. But for prydwen.net I don't think it will matter much, as we (both me and Lair) have a recent backup of the database from around the time all the problems started, so should be back up and running no matter if we're able to recover the data on the broken disks.

Tomorrow we're HOPEFULLY getting a new server up to replace the now broken one temporarily (maybe permanent), and when that's done i'm setting up prydwen.net to run off that.

I'm aware it's a major inconvenience for all you hibs on Prydwen, and i'm really sorry for all the recent problems. Murpheys Law struck us big this time.

Rest assured though prydwen.net WILL be brought back up as soon as the techs permits it.

Norcott

Fledgling Freddie
Im sure ur doing everything you can Ayana and even through all the whines.. you know deep down its appreciated by the hib/pry community ;)
starting to feel all dirty here.. ;)

Mnexxiz

Fledgling Freddie
Uh oh, that sounds like the law of 3s has struck.

Good luck with the restore. :clap:

Lothandar

Fledgling Freddie
It wouldn't be a problem if all the people from prydwen.net came over here while it gets fixed but still nobody reads this forum so it's hard to organise ml raids and such ><

Nedo

Fledgling Freddie
eeeeep that sounds very very unlucky :/ or OLD disks or combination.

Finolin

Fledgling Freddie
If there's anything that prydwen.net users can do (financially, technically), please let us know.

Finolin

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom