Please give me a hand with these issues

Aspher

Fledgling Freddie
Hi guys,

I am a player on Exc/Hib and I have some weird problems whenever I log into the frontiers zone. The main problem is that my screen seems to freeze every now and then for 5-10secs without having lag indications on my lagometer, when the game recommences again I have lost my group, or when I was in a boat, I find myself floating in the air. This makes it impossible for me to play RVR cos i can never tag along groups for long and it's impossible for me to reach a hostile realm because I keep lagging out of the boats, I dont have these problems in the classic/SI and TOA zones, only in frontiers. I have put al my settings for the lowest specs (although i have a decent system, will show specs below) and prechace all skins etc. What can be the cause of these things? please help me out because I just bought a new videocard and extra memory and it still hasn't improved.

Specs:
AMD athlon(tm) XP 2400+
2,00 GHz
768 MB ram
Geforce FX 5700 LE

Chilly

Balls of steel
try reinstalling the game and your gfx drivers? try changing the graphic performance settings from the driver direectly instead of from in game - if all else fails, blame GOA.

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
If you got clip range on far put it to near, i have mine on near and it causes a lot less slowdown but it doesn't mean you will not see players far off still, that distance stays the same no matter what setting it is, it's for the background settings so put this to near perhaps.

Thugs

Fledgling Freddie
Eh?

Stop taking the hard drugs. Stick to sherry like wot I do.

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
Aspher said:
The main problem is that my screen seems to freeze every now and then for 5-10secs without having lag indications on my lagometer, when the game recommences again I have lost my group, or when I was in a boat, I find myself floating in the air. This makes it impossible for me to play RVR cos i can never tag along groups for long and it's impossible for me to reach a hostile realm because I keep lagging out of the boats,

I used to have the same problem about a year ago. Lag meter would never show anything whatsoever the game would just freeze for 5-10 secs. Sometimes it would come back fine othertimes it would LD on return. At the time I was realtively new to MMORPGS and thought that this was the 'lag' everyone else talked about but it defienetly isnt as when it lags you can still control your character. The eventually fix was to format the HD partition it was on and reinstall. If daoc is on the same partition as your OS I would just try uninstall -> Defrag -> Reinstall.

Full file checks etc did nothing to help me.

[SS]Gamblor

Fledgling Freddie
What drivers are you using for you GFX card ?

I have a similar problem... but it happens in all zones.. i know it's the drivers i'm using but i'm getting better performace from my machine over all usign these drivers so i'm sticking with them =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom