Please for the love of god fix the solo rp bug

K

Keri

How come Rhodry didn't try and fight back?

O

old.Emma

dont ask me.. ask him.. i just hammered the double frost button :p

but as you can see no message saying he had been killed before and no rp`s for the kill.. :(

R

Ragnarok1978

Did you check your rp AFTER you killed him?

Some people claim you do get the rp etc. for the kill, just that the console doesn't report it.

W

Whoodoo_RD

Maybe he LD on the final blow, so you didnt actually kill him, he just got logged out?

E

erl

It is a bug people, and its very very annoying. Can't understand why they don't fix it. Happened to me several times and I've contacted GOA about it and haven't got any good answer except that it was part of "Mythic's anti RP-farming code". Right... The explanation is that Mythic don't know what goes on in their own code :p

W

Whoodoo_RD

Originally posted by erl
I've contacted GOA about it and haven't got any good answer except that it was part of "Mythic's anti RP-farming code". Right... The explanation is that Mythic don't know what goes on in their own code :p

I htink youll find they do, this is a simple code to stop RP farming between 2 consenting parties (plus a resser). GOA and Mythic have both taken note that several sessions involving this cowardly way of obtaining RPs has taken place, and therefore have made it a lot harder.

Any chance you know this Rhodry?

L

legot

this happened to me t in thid,i killed a bard i think, solo(my first solo kill :) ),blue con but no rp,it registered his death on screen, just no rps
it did'nt say he had just been ressed or anything either.
i don't think goa could accuse anybody of rp farming in thidranki...

L

legot

but he was'nt res sick, it did'nt say he was.
he was wondering around hib alone and nothing much was going on at that time so i doubt he was res sick

M

matax

If they have some 'anti-RP-farming' code, then it's probably because he didn't fight back at all it assumes you were RP farming and therefore gives you no RP !

D

Damon_D

So if u get lucky and catches someone afk...then u dont get no rp... kinda silly aint it

O

old.Bull

Originally posted by matax
If they have some 'anti-RP-farming' code, then it's probably because he didn't fight back at all it assumes you were RP farming and therefore gives you no RP !

Then 1-shotting someone, wouldnt get you any rp's... Actually that happened to me the other day, when albs zerged at yggdra gates, I ploinked an arrow and hit for 870+ damage...'you just killed xxx'... but no rp's and no 'been killed recently' msg...hmm could be, but then again ive done the same thing lots of times where i did get the rp's for it, think ill go for the 'bug' theory :)

E

erl

I htink youll find they do, this is a simple code to stop RP farming between 2 consenting parties (plus a resser). GOA and Mythic have both taken note that several sessions involving this cowardly way of obtaining RPs has taken place, and therefore have made it a lot harder.

Any chance you know this Rhodry
If they do have a grip about it, its broken somehow. For example one of my first RvR-kills in emain, me and a runie runs into a caster and after some struggle he dies, I get nothing from it and no message about rez sicknes etc. I was farming? yeah...

And it has happened on many occasions, about 10 for me, screwed me of approx 5k RPs.

And the bug appears only when soloing, what prevents groups from farming and thus why do they always get RP?

Conclusion: Mythic doesn't have a clue.

E

Eleasias

like i said in the other thread you get the rp's, the message just doesnt show up ...

O

ormorof

I got 920 form killing Velo... a lvl 50 afk armsman in DF sitting down

happend to me waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back with my scout

not a lot with my thane, but often in thidranki

and elasias, no you don't get the RP

my scout had 1 RP before AND after killing a yellow to lvl 27 sm (natalie)

O

old.Emma

To who asked why no CD...

Rhodry was running from apk to amg at the time.. unstealthed :/ gave me plaenty of time to line up PA :D when pa landed i had to stick him to follow as he passed me.. CD missed :( but 2 double frosts later he was dead anyway.. it does annoy me alot when that happens and its about time mythic fixed that very annoying bug or it another one of there ghey attempts to get people to group and just zerg :/

B

Blood

You DONT get the RP, if you dont get the "you got xxx rp" message.

this is a horrible bug, and it happenes to ranged attacks much more than non ranged (or my hunter just kills more people than my sb).

It happens in at all times of RvR, right after porting, long after porting

E

Eleasias

uh yes you do get the rp's, tested it myself last night in sauvage and there was a thread about it on VN boards .... 1k of extra rp is easy to notice

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

I think it has something to do with the infamous 'Death Bug'.:(

O

old.Emma

you dont get them... if i did get any from him i would have got my rr lvl which i didn`t and was still 400 rps short.... there for it is a bug and is well known as well.. yet mythic have yet to fix it.

O

old.Emma

Originally posted by Uncle Sick(tm)
I think it has something to do with the infamous 'Death Bug'.:(

whats that rezz sickness suddenly even though you havent died ? happened to me last night.. rezz sickness didnt go for 15 mins

S

SilverHood

happens in thidranki to my skald now and then

will hit like 10 enemies and get 0 rp

only happend twice with my thane though...

happend 90% of the time with my scout though

D

Dook_Pug

Originally posted by Whoodoo_RD

There's always one person who completely misses the point isn't there...

O

old.Emma

Originally posted by Whoodoo_RD

nope dont know him at all... never seen him on irc... and since when is ganking someone that is running from there pk to amg.. rp farming ? half of midgard would be in trouble if that was the case..

O

old.Kian

It's definitely the anti-farming code, and tyou definitely DON'T get any RPs. Only ever seems to hit me when I'm solo, so my NS has suffered from it a lot more than my BM (who has to group to visit the outside lavvy :) )

Most annoying time was in Thidranki, when I killed a yellow con polearm armsman one on one. I can only assume there's a line of code that says

IF Player_is_nightshade AND just_killed_armsman
THEN Must_be_cheating = TRUE

:D

F

Flimgoblin

I read something about if you kill the same person repeatedly in a small amount of time (longer than ress sick though) then you don't get RP... whether it's true or not I have no idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom