Playstation Now

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
PS Now on PC

Wonderful stuff...7 day trial. Last of Us and the Drake games included.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
£12 a month for some great games (Yes, there are one or two decent console exclusives) isn't too expensive imo.

Not sure its worth a long term investment though...

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Mostly, there appears to be a couple of megadrive games too.

Anyway, God of War series, drakes series, last of us including the expansion, ico, shadow of the colossus, well worth a couple of months subs. Now I just want rockstar to sign up and give me red dead redemption.

Bigmac

Part of the furniture
Sounds interesting but I'm not paying £13 a month. I'll stick to PC games until they decide to lower the price.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
PS4 games confirmed as coming soon.

Basically pointless buying a PS4 now.

I think this will be the eventual direction they go in, a small, cheap box that sits under the TV and everything streamed.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Depends, what would be cheaper? a PC capable of handling PS4 games, Operating System and a monitor/tv of sorts + £13 a month.. or just forking out £340 or whatever it is now for a PS4 and buying the odd game that's worth buying.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Depends, what would be cheaper? a PC capable of handling PS4 games, Operating System and a monitor/tv of sorts + £13 a month.. or just forking out £340 or whatever it is now for a PS4 and buying the odd game that's worth buying.
Then trading the game back so it only costs you a tenner or so.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
It's a valid point though, PS Now on the PC does not increase the FPS or graphics, it looks and runs just like it does on a PS4.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I mean if you're throwing a PC together just for this - the below PC + 1 years subs for PS now is £652-ish

Price of a PS4 Pro - £339 + say 6 games for the year = £573, not including a TV in that price as pretty much every tom dick and harry has a TV anyway.

System Build - A10-7800 3.5GHz Quad-Core, T2 Plus MicroATX Mini Tower - PCPartPicker United Kingdom

And that's using utter turd parts but it does meet the recommended requirements

dasdadada.png

That said - if you already have a PC I guess it's ok, if you don't have one though I'd recommend against buying a PC just for PS Now.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
It's a valid point though, PS Now on the PC does not increase the FPS or graphics, it looks and runs just like it does on a PS4.

ofc it does, you could run in on a crappy old workstation and it would work perfectly. That is the point, it is all streamed to PS4 specs.

The recommended specs are silly, if you can run netflix, you can run PS now.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
ofc it does, you could run in on a crappy old workstation and it would work perfectly. That is the point, it is all streamed to PS4 specs.

The recommended specs are silly, if you can run netflix, you can run PSnow.

I know, hence no graphics card requirement :p

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I am pretty sure I read they would be adding it to Sony TVs too, not sure if they have yet or still intend to.

I have always liked the pads anyway, I think the pad was £50? £25? for the dongle, something like that. Works perfectly fine on steam too.

edit, Its pretty good for peasants too as saves, achievements etc are mirrored so you can play games at work etc, when I had a PS4 I fiddled with the remote play function but it was never that great to be honest, even with a decent connection both ends.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom