Playing two chars at the same time..

C

celtavigo

Is this possible with a P4 2.4mhz 512ram and Geforce 4200.. And is there any programs that makes this possible like EQwindows in Everquest?

D

Dherkova

Not if they're in the same acc :rolleyes:
With 2 accs:
- (SI Only) You can now run multiple instances of the client on the same computer simultaneously.
From 1.60 patch notes

C

celtavigo

Yeah I will most likely buy a new copy today so I can register cause the fucking account button aint working for sure..

But how does it work to play 2 chars on a 2.4mhz 512ram with geforce 4200? And how do I do it?

K

Krond0r

Using SI client just alt-tab out and load up client again and log in other character.

D

Dherkova

- (SI Only) You can now run multiple instances of the client on the same computer simultaneously. You may not log into the same server on two different realms (except for Co-op and PVP servers). PLEASE BE AWARE that running two instances of Camelot on one computer is not recommended and will work with only the most advanced computer systems. You will be able to run two versions of Camelot simultaneously only if you have 512megs or more of system RAM. If you run into any problems with running two Camelot instances on the same computer, exit one of them before calling customer support.

Lazy boy

C

celtavigo

Is it possible to make them windowed so they only cover about 70% of the screen so it will be easier to swap between them and cause less lag?

D

Dherkova

Yes. But ussually windowed mode causes more lag than fullscreen

C

celtavigo

Well atleast normally if you use windowed size it wont lag much when you swap between the chars..

O

old.Nikolas

I have a 2.6 ghz system 1 gig of ram and my 2 accounts fly :) I don’t know about 512 tho...

I play 2 800x600 windows overlapped with the quickbar aligned left on the top one, and right on the bottom, with 1024 x 768 res on desktop. This way you can have both quickbars visible and play with ease.

It will take a while to get the hang of it, but after a week of self levelling my druid with my shade to 50 I found I was fairly competent.

L

-Lonewolf-

Its a nightmare mate on one computer

The client your looking at runs fine but the other in the background lags FPS alot

So if your second character is stuck to you he usually ends up far behind from the FPS LAG

I have a 3ghz processor with 512mb RAM and a GeForce 4 TI4600

So its not my system :)

Now I have two computers and works fine

O

old.Nikolas

Using 2 machines may not be an option...

As for lag on the 2nd screen, you can press auto run on both and switch between the 2 to change direction, or pressing F11 to 1st person view and looking at the ground helps a bit.

I have no real problems running 2 accounts on the same PC, but again it takes practise.

Users who are viewing this thread