playing the guitar

E

evilmonkeh

anyone here an avid musician?
ive been playing the old geetar off n on for the last few years (electrical variety) but now starting to take it more seriously.
buying a new guitar (to replace crappeh encore :D ) in the next few weeks, spending around £300, probably getting an ibanez sa or something:)

J

Jonaldo

Played guitar for a little over 10 years.
Started with a cheap Strat copy. (Sun Mustang or something)
Got an SG copy by Epiphone which was really nice and I want it back :) (lent it to a mate about 3 years ago)

My real guitar is of course a Gibson Les Paul, Honeyburst finish.
Set me back about £1200 a while ago but that was when I was regularly gigging and wanted something with prestige to play. Now only play guitar recreationally but it's still nice to have a Les Paul lying about the bedroom :)

Got an old solid state 70's 75 Watt Marshall reverb amp that sounds really cheesy :D Zoom effects pedal gives me pretty much any sound I need though.

X

Xtro 2.0

Is there such a guitar as a Vox Starstreamer?

During the acid years I had a guitar with some daft name that I just looked at and never played, can't remember wtf it was but that sticks in my mind.

E

evilmonkeh

my amp is really rubbish, but luckily i have a zoom 606 and a nice distortion pedel to boost it up a bit:)
its a treeblewood or something ;)
time to get a new one as well i think

S

silverthorn

Been playing self taught for the past 15 years... got a Washburn, a Jim Deacon Explorer (not that great but the shape is cool)... and my pride and joy is my BC Rich Warlock that I've had for about 10 years - pure brutality :D

S

(Shovel)

Played guitar for a couple of years. Never really dedicated myself to it properly as yet, but it's fun which is what matters. It's nice when I can't sleep to just pick at it until I'm too tired to do any more.

I've got a Vintage brand SG copy and a snazzy blue acoustic (Countryman, not sure if that really stands for much).

I'd like a Gibson 355 one day, they are dead nice. A friend at uni got a Epiphone version... naturally I "borrowed" it.
-- Disturbingly he named it... something female.

J

Jupitus

Played bass for a long time when I was involved in a big band (played bass in modern numbers, lead trumpet on the older jazz stuff as we had a string bass player who played sax :)).

I had an Aria Pro 2 Black and Gold bass which I was really pleased about (embarrassingly I was happy about the fact that John Taylor played an Aria Pro 2 bass for Duran Duran:eek: ) and a Laney Linebacker amp... boy was that thing loud :D

M

.mef.

I got a Danelectro U2, pretty nice. 2 tiny little practice amps, a digitech multieffects pedal and a boss distortion pedal. Nice setup for a bedroom really.

O

old.UKTwister

Been Playing 1 1/2 years

Guitar: Vintage VRS100 - £250 PRS copy in shape, but for price plays good. I think i'll be replacing the pickups fairly soon though with some nice bill lawrences.

Amp: ENGL Screamer 50 - £800! got this beasty tube amp last week and is worth every penny. Can't wait till next gig now.

Effects: Alesis Picoverb Rack Unit - £70. Does many types of reverb and hall echoes so i can sound like Sigur Ros.

Danelectro Eq - £45. For messing around with my tone.

I think we should post some sound clips of us all playing but erm........ you can all start :p

O

old.tRoG

I've always meant to pick up the guitar, but there's no one out here to teach me, and I don't know where to start, learning myself up :(

*gimme hints!*

Sang in a band for a few years, though :D

E

evilmonkeh

Originally posted by old.tRoG
I've always meant to pick up the guitar, but there's no one out here to teach me, and I don't know where to start, learning myself up :(

*gimme hints!*

Sang in a band for a few years, though :D
tbh, out of all the instruments, guitar is probably the easiest to teach yourself.
its not like a claranet where you need to learn how to operate the valves etc, you just need to know to hit a string and read tab music (Very easy). then you practise practise practise until you get faster:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom