PLaying on a foreign language server...

M

mirieth

Is there any way to have the text in the chat window and spell stats. etc. in a different language e.g. English player playing on a French server wanting the the text in English not French? is there a way to do this?

T

trigali

I know how you feel. I sometimes play on a french server too and it's hilarious the mix of english and french in the text windows !!!!

But I don't think the answer to your question is yes though. sorry.

O

old.Carnak

You can change the whole language of the game. I bought the german version, live in Switzerland but prefer english anyday. This is how you can change the whole game language, so everything from the password screen down to spell effects will be in your chosen language.

what you do is editing your update.dat file and changing the "german" or "french" word to "english" in the 3 lines (or setting it to the language of the servers you're playing on). Then delete the language folder in the game directory and launch the game. You will get a short download and from then on the game will be in the language you chose in the update.dat file.

Hope this helps:). This also allows you to use the reply key on your prefered server (which is the reason i asked in the first place. I wanted to be able to reply on english servers rather than german)

M

mirieth

Thank you! I'll try this out.. you just helped a few other people too <grins>

M

Murcalumis

I think he said you had to delete the laguage folder in your DAoC directory, didn't he rusty?

M

Murcalumis

Tsk. You're buggered, then! <grins and kicks Miri>

M

mele-nko

Hmm not quite sure that i'm getting this, let's say i want to play on Brocliande a french server...can i do so with my english version of daoc without getting the whole interface and quest stuff in french ?

O

old.Carnak

Never mind read last post wrong sorry, cant help you there :(

O

old.Hendrick

Mirieth, if ever I get into the game again, talk to me and I think I can help you.

Users who are viewing this thread