Players on roof

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
some people on Karak-Hirn. Not enough to outnumber us by many times over, they need to cheat. I'll use the in-game next time I'm in game. For now, off to watch a DVD. Night all :)

Edit: this ain't the place for naming and shaming.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I managed to just run up there last night by mistake... didn't stay there though :)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
yeah if people are sitting up there abusing it use the support stuff in game, get the feckers booted.

Azimov

Fledgling Freddie
I think it is simply jumping to get up there, I havent tried it myself just rock perch.

Unless they are glitching to get up there, they are not cheating.

You gonna suffer not being able to get to ranged all the time when you go to keeps anyway :p

Belgerath

One of Freddy's beloved
Done that in Beta with my engineer, also putting turrets on top of buildings no1 can climb on to.

The particualr house is easy to jump up the side of no buggin or glitching to get on so i dont feel its abusing.

Putting turrets where they can't be hit and can fire well that is an i haven't done it since Beta (though thats due mainly to the fact is didnt get SE or CE and im working today) lol

Azimov

Fledgling Freddie
Putting turrets where they can't be hit and can fire well that is an i haven't done it since Beta
But they can be hit by ranged right?
This isnt like in bf2142 when people used to force sentrys inside buildings so they cant be hit?
This is no different than being ontop of a slope, wall ect, melee can get there just have to go long way round.

The dwarf t1 scenario has loads of places like this where melee have to run around to get you by design.

Veck

Fledgling Freddie
As long as people can get on those roofs fairly easy I don't think it's abuse. More a strategic place for rdps and healers to be on.

Belgerath

One of Freddy's beloved
But they can be hit by ranged right?
This isnt like in bf2142 when people used to force sentrys inside buildings so they cant be hit?
This is no different than being ontop of a slope, wall ect, melee can get there just have to go long way round.

The dwarf t1 scenario has loads of places like this where melee have to run around to get you by design.

I found 2 places in Nordenwatch which where high traffic, that i could place my turrets to be unable to be hit by Melee and extremly difficult to be hit with ranged dps ( i reported both with screenshots doubt it was fixed though)

Azimov

Fledgling Freddie
I found 2 places in Nordenwatch which where high traffic, that i could place my turrets to be unable to be hit by Melee and extremly difficult to be hit with ranged dps ( i reported both with screenshots doubt it was fixed though)
Hmm if los was dodgy and different for turret then that is bad, I know sometimes turrets drop down if you near an edge.

If it was simply a turret on a roof like the original post was about players though, that would be fair game.

Also hiding in a bush like that little gobo thought was gonna help him last night is cool :lol:

Zagzyg

Loyal Freddie
Hmm if los was dodgy and different for turret then that is bad, I know sometimes turrets drop down if you near an edge.

If it was simply a turret on a roof like the original post was about players though, that would be fair game.

Also hiding in a bush like that little gobo thought was gonna help him last night is cool :lol:
Turrets don't seem to use LoS. I was getting continually fired upon by a turret on the floor above last night, through the floor. I could target it by clicking the ceiling, but not fire back.

Veck

Fledgling Freddie
Hm I seem to remember that I was able to los those turrets by running behind a nearby corner though. Maybe just a problem with floors?

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
There's been a few times I thought summoning my pet had failed but then I realised it had been summoned into a nearby rock or some other bit of scenery.

Regarding LoS, my pet shoots through anything. I can't make my mind up about this - the Magus is so gimped (at low levels anyway) anything that helps is welcome and yet it seems wrong it should abuse geometry like this.

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Turrets don't seem to use LoS. I was getting continually fired upon by a turret on the floor above last night, through the floor. I could target it by clicking the ceiling, but not fire back.

neither do Magus pets, was able to target an archmage in rvr and it would shoot through the ceiling :)

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
There's been a few times I thought summoning my pet had failed but then I realised it had been summoned into a nearby rock or some other bit of scenery.

Regarding LoS, my pet shoots through anything. I can't make my mind up about this - the Magus is so gimped (at low levels anyway) anything that helps is welcome and yet it seems wrong it should abuse geometry like this.

The magus at low levels is terrible, i am the only one in my guild, seems that sorcerers are the flavour of the month.. still they do some nasty dots later on, reminds me of cabbys in daoc :)

Drop pet, spirit debuff, dot, nuke nuke

:moo

Faeldawn

Fledgling Freddie
In beta i was stood at the Lighthouse flag with a WH and was wondering why the bar wasn't moving, a few seconds later we both got fried but could see no enemy, looking up on deathcam i saw a sorc standing on top of the flag laffin his ass off :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom