player merchants

M

medowind

What is everyone’s opinion on the player merchants that have been added into foundations,

As I see it players can search for quality and items run off to the merchant and buy it,

So will this be good for crafting, or will it be a monopoly with rich players being able to sell for less ;p

B

belth

Doubt the rich will sell for less really, they'll just keep on charging more as usual.

D

Damon_D

I think its a great idea, UO has had this featurer for years now, and its about freaking time DAOC got it too

B

Bellona

is it like having a merchant selling out from your weapon stock (im wc) when im not online? and i can set prices etc myself?

F

Feac_

Originally posted by Bellona
is it like having a merchant selling out from your weapon stock (im wc) when im not online? and i can set prices etc myself?

they sell what ever you put on them and u set whatever price u want the merchants cant hold more than 200 plat so make sure u empty it sometimes :)

W

whuzzy

I personnaly think that this is gonna be really a great opportunity to sell things nicely, first u can give the items to him to sell (You don't need 10 Alts holding your 99% stuff) ++
And i'm sure just to make people come to my merchant for example i'll keep some lingings and stuff there too for sale, for the AC'ers that don't have a Tailor.
Or even for BG studded / leather / cloth ... oh djeez i still have some of that too lying around on some alts.
Secondly what will be with the prices, well, that will be seen, everybody will be doing their own prices and well, the ones who are cheap, they sell ...
Anyway ... GIV ME A MERCHANT (have about 1+ Altfull of 99% af.51 cloth lying around from my PLcrafting)

Whuzz

R

raithian

ppl will charge what thay are charging now the only diff is its more readerly avalitble to ppl it works for ac alc wc fltching tailering how ever sc cant be sold this way

M

medowind

Well as I see it, you set the cost, it sells when your not there, players get a window where they can search for items + quality, then head off you that merchant,

While its good you can just leave it, some people can afford to sell cheaper than others but with the item search window, why would people buy the more expensive ones if the cheaper ones can keep up with demand?

So would this effectively push down crafting prises?

Also will house placement effect non-speed classes in their decision you recon?

p.s I like asking questions ;p

C

cercela

oh i love being a bard :)

i like this. Means when you want a set of af 102 99% you dont have to spend a half a week hunting down random pieces then paying big money for it because you cant find it anywhere else.

G

godfried

My opinion:

-prices will lower, reason? Crafters who have lower prices will sell more and faster. No problem really as long as they can hold on the demand.

-now the forge in diogel is a nice trade place, with housing all crafters will be at different places that makes it difficult to have a nice chat with a fellow wc'er or so....

-therefore its just a small idea to make some kind of a crafter village or so, would make it easier for crafters and for clients to pick stuff up and gives us the opportunity to chat a bit while standing at the forge (i guess that /b works over a whole village)

-the only thing i hope is that crafting will still be worth spending time cuz no way i will make mps to sell off the 99% at 250 gp or so :p

Anyway i'm really lookin forward what the influence of housing will be on craftin....hmm will read up on american forums for that

Cheers

B

Bellona

martha.. we could unite all weaponcrafters, and get a weaponcrafter house :D

F

Feac_

Originally posted by godfried
(i guess that /b works over a whole village)

yes, but when you are in your house you dont see the /b for the zone/village

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom